Monday, August 18, 2014

Mixed Media Layout Inspiration by Keren Tamir


Keren here and its my turn again on the Blue Fern Studios blog. I have 3 Mixed Media Layouts for you today.

Hope they inspire you!!


"You Are My Happiness"

This is the first layout I created using the Ombré Dreams Ginger's Dream Paper as a background.


I used the Wild Flourish Frame to frame my photo. I altered it by adding texture over it using textured paste and a patterned Stencil. Then I sprayed it with two different Color Bloom Sprays: Sorbet, Vintage Coal and Lime Wedge


I added the same texture and colours to the background and then stamped some branches and birds using black archival ink.


Finally I added some matching flowers, a title using the word Happiness from the Good Vibes set  and Voila!! 




<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>


"You are perfect just as you are"

This is my second creation this month for Blue Fern Studios

I created a mixed media layout using the Ombre Dreams Chalotte's Dream paper as the background.


I wanted to hide the purple side of the paper as much as I could because I wanted to create a masculine layout. First I primed the purple side of the paper with clear gesso. Then, I created lots of texture in the background using a Stone Wall  stencil and some Textured paste. Finally, I sprayed it with two  Color Bloom Sprays: Cobalt and Precious Stone. I let the spray drip down the page to cover as much of the purple as possible.


I cut the Ups and Down panel Blue Fern Studio Chipboard. I cut it unevenly to create movement on the page. Then I embossed it with white and black embossing powder. Finally I inked the edges with black coal fluid chalk ink.


I built some layers over the chipboard panel and added some matching flowers and embellishments around the photo.


Finally I added a title in the corner using the Perfect chipboard word from the Chunky Word Set. I also embossed it with black embossing powder.
I also added some journaling along the side of the page using both sticker words and my own writing.


<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>

"I Love You"

This was my layout created for the new sketch challenge this month. The August's sketch was amazing as always.
We hope you get to play with us!!!


I love it when my kids pose together for me and on that rare occasion I snap the camera to get this cute picture of them. I used it as the centre of my layout.



I used the Blue Fern Studios Ombre Dreams Collection, Flutterbird chipboard dangles, a small camera from the picture perfect chipboard set and the word Love from the good vibes chipboard set.




Well that's all for today!!
Hope you enjoyed my creations

Have a wonderful day!!

Keren


3 comments: