Thursday, August 21, 2014

{Cards} with Patter

Hello! Patter here with you today. I wanted to share two cards with you that have the same design concept but look very different. Both cards use the Ombre Dreams paper line and the Leafy Bough chipboard. Both also use a doily, stitching, lace, and flair for the sentiment. Let's look at today's card inspiration.

Hello There
For this card, I used a portion of the Leafy Bough chipboard. I also left the branding strip on at the bottom of the patterned paper. It has a lace design on it which gave me the idea to add real lace to that portion of the card, and it also brought in a second color to the card.
To distress the chipboard, I misted it with water to peel up the leaves into more layers. I then painted the chipboard with gelatos.
Blue Fern Studios products used:
Ombre Dreams paper (Charlotte's Dream and Joyce's Dream)
Leafy Bough chipboard

Hello
This card is a 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 square card. I used the left-over piece of the Leafy Bough chipboard from above.
I also treated the chipboard in the same way that I did with the above card. I did color it with different colored gelatos however.
Blue Fern Studios products used:
Ombre Dreams paper (Shannon's Dream)
Leafy Bough chipboard

Missing You
This is the card I created for the Blue Fern Studios August Sketch Challenge. I only used a portion of the sketch to create this card. I used the Blue Fern Winter Page Dangles chipboard and cut off the top portion of the chipboard to add the detail to the upper left corner of the card too.
Blue Fern Studios products used:
Ombre Dreams paper (Ginger's Dream)
Winter Page Dangles

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you will join in on the sketch challenge and also make some cards with your Blue Fern Studios products. Blessings,

3 comments: