Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Two off-the-page projects and a layout by Marie-Josee

Hello all!

I hope you are having a great summer so far. Here, it's been wonderful. I spent most of my time outside, but still managed to create a few projects for Blue Fern Studios. Here they are! :)

Angel canvas

To create this canvas, I used a chipboard from the Turkish Bits set. I glued it to my canvas, applied gesso on top with a sponge and added color with Silks Acrylic Glazes and three different colors of spray.


Once dry, I stamped words with black ink on top of my chipboard.

I also cut circles out of the Shannon's Dream paper from the Ombre Dreams collection and colored each circle with Silks Acrylic Glazes. You can still see the pattern, because the Silks are translucent.



Birdhouse

I used my Silhouette Portrait to create this tiny birdhouse. I bought a file from the Silhouette Online Store and used the Parlour paper from the Blue Fern Garden collection as a base.


Then, I tore pieces of the Charlotte's Dream paper from the Ombre Dreams collection to add texture to the roof.


I put the house on a chipboard from the Lace Rounds set and added gesso here and there. I then sprayed the whole thing with brown and teal mists.



August sketch

And here's my take at the August sketch, which was featured on the blog on August 1st. I used the Techno Rings, the word "Sunshine" from The Optimist Word Set and various papers from the Ombre Dreams collection.




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout, I just love Ombre Dreams, so glad I picked it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the misting looks awesome, I'm going to have to try that.

    ReplyDelete