Saturday, February 28, 2015

Some inspiration from Bente

Hi, today it's me Bente here to share my latest projects with you. 
I have used the most recent beautiful paper collection from Blue Fern Studios for my creations.
It's called 'Love Story' and as you can tell for yourself it's really beautiful. I loved combining these stunning patterned papers with a variety of Blue Fern Studios chipboards



 For this page I used the 12x12 Chickenwire panel and cut out a section of it for my page.
I whitewashed the chipboard with some gesso.
I even used a piece of this same panel for one of my cards. I used the smallest size  'Splattered circles' to frame my photo after using a chalk inker to colour it black.



My title is made up of a combination of a die cut word (hello) and a chipboard word, sunshine, from the Optimist Word Set.
To build up some background texture I used the tiny stars of the new stamp set 'Forever' .



Here is m,y second page. I love this pictuer of my daughter and you may have seen it before :-)


I used the Adore,Love,Cherish word set here as well as the Ironwork Arch and one of the smaller birdcages. I inked the arch black and gave the rest a lick of gold paint and then dabbed some white paint on top.



A lot of layering going on here with these gorgeous papers.



I built up the background with several layers of gesso stencils, mists and paints.



To round off this post I have a couple of feminine cards to share.



As I said earlier I used the chicken wire panel for one of the cards. For the other card I picked the lovely Ornate Frame. It's so elegant and easy to use for all kinds of projects.





I hope you can see in this picture my treatment of the frame. I spread some gesso on top with my fingers, then covered it in glue  before finally sprinkling some sparkly  'Art Sugar' on top.
It looks really pretty IRL.



That's all from me today.
Have a great week end with lots of time to be creative.
Hope to see you soon again!

Bente
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment