Wednesday, February 4, 2015

An Altered Paint Palette and A Layout by Kim Price

Hi everyone, it's Kim here today with a few of my latest creations for Blue Fern Studios. I've really been feeling the love lately and with Valentine's Day just around the corner I've been creating a lot of love themed projects.








My first project is an altered piece which is sized just right to mount onto a 12"x12" page if you wish. I've used a traditional style wooden artists palette, altering it with some gorgeous Montage patterned papers and Valentine's Day themed chipboard.











Here I've taken one of the pieces from the Valentine Cupids Set and painted it up to look like a traditional vintage style cherub using acrylic paints, colored pencils and a fine Sharpie. I'm just loving how this little babe turned out and it looks so gorgeous against the stunningly romantic Montage Invitation patterned paper - perfect for Valentines Day.











In a similar way I've added color to my chipboard title using the word "love" from "Adore, Love, Cherish", coloring it with watered down acrylic paint to resemble watercolor and adding definition with a fine black Sharpie to really make it pop.







Here's a last photograph taken from the side to highlight the dimensional look to the piece.

Blue Fern Studios patterned papers: Montage Invitation
Blue Fern Studios chipboard: Adore Love Cherish, Invitation, Valentine Cupids












My second project today is a layout created using patterned papers from the beautiful Blue Fern Studios Sanctuary collection.

I've created this piece using one of the stunning dark papers from the collection - Bountiful








I then began to add some fussy cut layers using the floral images found on Garden Plaza patterned paper as well as the butterfly images and some leaves. To these layers I've included my "Natural Beauty" title from the All Natural set, coloring it with a coordinating shade of watercolor.








I've also gone ahead and added a few floral chipboard pieces from both the All Natural Set as well as the Layering Stems Set, again adding watercolor for an instant hit of color and texture. The results are stunning.





Blue Fern Studios patterned paper: Sanctuary Bountiful and Garden Plaza
Blue Fern Studios chipboard: All Natural Set and Layering Stems


Thanks for dropping by today, I hope you've enjoyed my projects for this month featuring Blue Fern patterned papers and chipboard.



1 comment:

  1. WOW..!! Just stunning project fall in love !! The papers are just gorgeous..! Will give it a go ..one day ! Thanks for sharing ! Hugs

    ReplyDelete