Saturday, August 3, 2013

Getting Krafty, and take a walk through the daisy's with Blue Fern Studios!!

Hey there Blue Fern Studio Fans, Lisa here.  The month of July, just came and went. So here we are at the peak of summer and I was feeling kind of Krafty again this week...So, Using Kraft paper once again, I decided to color it up a bit this time and adorn it with some fabulous heat embossed chip board!! It amazes me on how many ways you can use chip board. And how many ways you can adorn it.


This time I decided to use embossing medium and embossing powder on my chip board pieces. I heat embossed the chip board and then used a white color wash over the embossed pieces. I love the new fancy words that Blue Fern Studios is creating!! My biggest difficulty in creating pages is the title and journaling. These words make the best titles and make it so easy for me!!


Love, love the Bits Of Honey chip board. You get  6 pieces in the set. And I only used 1 for this one and snipped it apart to create 2 smaller pieces. That still leaves me 5 great pieces left in the package!!


 Here is just another view of the page to show dimension. I put bits of pop dots under the Born To Be Wild chip board piece to lift it off of the page.


I added the other piece to the opposite side of the photo. My daughter is sweet as honey, with a wild streak in her.  These pieces were perfect for my layout!


                                           Bits Of Honey                             Born To Be Wild


 I often dream of old iron gates that have been aged and show there patina finish well. On this layout I aged the gate in a fine Patina using only embossing powder. And in a future post, I will show you how I did it with a tutorial.


 I used 3 different embossing powders to create the color on the Tweet Friends piece. The little birds on the branch are just so sweet.


 Here is a close up of the gate. I only used 1 side of the gate as I used the other one in another project.
You can see the fine faux Patina finish.


I heat embossed the Sunshine word with yellow. It shines in real life and looks like sunshine.


                                           Garden Gate                                    Tweet Friends

                                                               The Optimist Word Set

 Thank you for coming to visit with us today. Keep coming back as the Blue Fern Studio Designers show you their fabulous creations to start those creative juices flowing!! Till next time.... xo


4 comments:

  1. BEautiful layouts. I love the teal on the kraft... my fave combo at the moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful layouts Lisa! so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous projects, Lisa!! Really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete