Sunday, August 11, 2013

A Quick Tutorial with Kelly

Hi there! Kelly here, with a quick tutorial and some ideas on how to use your chipboard and the punched out bits from your chipboard shapes in a new way. 

"The Best Day Ever"











I decided to use this to create a whimsical layout...I added in some of the "Cloudy Skies" pieces, which I primed with Gesso, then used the same emboss/resist technique as I described above. I fussy cute the photos of my little girls and placed them upon the clouds.

Behind the cloud pieces I tucked away threads, cheesecloth, tissue paper, and pearl flourishes to add to the whimsical feel. Here are some close ups of the finished project:



I added the Best Day Ever title, which was simply embossed with white powder.

The small hearts are also "left over" pieces from the Hearts Panel.

Chipboard Used:

 Best Day Ever
Best Day Ever
Cloudy Skies
Cloudy Skies
along with "punch outs" from...
Quatrefoil Panel
Quatrefoil Panel

Bits of Honey
Bits of Honey

Heart Panel
Heart Panel - Chunky

Lattice Gate
Lattice Gate
Here is another layout I created using a similar background style, once again using "leftovers" from the Quatrefoil Panel, along with the Directions set.

"Three"

Nothing like a cluster of arrows to draw attention to the photo, right?

To add extra texture to the quatrefoil pieces I sprinkled on some white mica fragments, and also dabbed them with a texture medium.

Chipboard used:

Directions
Directions

Quatrefoil Panel:
Quatrefoil Panel

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking a look! I hope you've enjoyed my tutorial, and will try it out yourself!!

*Kelly*

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful LO's ! I love these ideas ! Thank you so much for sharing .... I might 'scraplift' these :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! It's funny, I thought I was the only one to save those cute pieces. I'll have to start using them. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly I love that tutorial on chipboard bits... I have so many and don't know what to do with them. Your layouts are always such an inspiration... I have just had to buy some gelatos... Love how they work... Thanks for sharing. Such beautiful layouts..

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful these are! I love the use of all those gorgeous cool colors and
    then my eyes are drawn to the children's yummy warm-toned hair---thanks
    for explaining how you achieved these effects. I enjoyed reading about it.
    --Jennifer in OH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhhh....So so beautiful!! The colors make me happy and thank you for sharing your art techniques!! Makes me smile!!

    ReplyDelete