Thursday, August 22, 2013

Projects by Kerryn Lawson

 
Hi, Kerryn here and I would like to share some of my recent Blue Fern Studios projects with you on the blog today.
 
I am always looking to add new cards to my stash so that I am prepared when those last minute invitations arrive.  Chipboard adds instant impact to your card and with the variety of products in the Blue Fern Studios range there is a chipboard design to suit every occasion.
 
For my first card I have combined a nested circle chipboard with a piece from the ironwork accents set.  Both pieces were primed with gesso before white paint, vintage photo distress ink and perfect gold Perfect Pearls were randomly applied to suit the neutral colour palette I was working to.
 

 
Chipboard used : 
 

 
For my second card I have gone to the complete opposite end of the colour scale opting to bring out some bright, happy colours.
 
I wanted to create depth of colour on my industrial gears chipboard so I have inked the chipboard with yellow chalk ink before applying and heat setting yellow embossing powder.  The chalk ink works quite well with embossing powder but gives you a more rustic, uneven finish than embossing ink will.
 

 
 Products used :
 
 
Along with the cards I have also created a layout featuring one of my absolute favourite Blue Fern Studios products, the Brigitte butterfly.
 
On this occasion I wanted to replicate the distressed feel from the papers with the treatment of both the butterfly and flourish chipboard pieces.  To do this I have used paint in a number of colours but as the layers have been built up the paint was added randomly rather than to the entire piece.  Once the paint had dried, the chipboard was gently sanded to expose both the different paint layers and the raw chipboard.
Perfect gold Perfect Pearls was added to the centre of the butterfly wings to add a touch of contrast to the blue/green and white.
 


Chipboard used :
 
 

 
 Thank you for stopping by and checking out my projects today.
 
Kerryn

3 comments:

  1. Creative cards. I really enjoy the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creations of art!! Love love the softness of the summer colors!! The chip board blends in so nicely!

    ReplyDelete