Wednesday, September 27, 2017

How Sweet it is to be Loved by You.

Hello Blue Fern Studios Fans!  Phyllis here to share my last layout for Fan of the Month. I created a layout using the Amber & Apricot collection.  So Gorgeous!  I love colors of fall.


First off I started with Amber & Apricot's Joyful paper and cut off the edges then did some distressing.  I added Amber & Apricot's Faded Blooms paper for my backing.  I love how the brownish tan and beautiful design looks behind Joyful paper.  I also distressed the edges.   I used Birdsong and tore around the birds and a portion of the paper for my design.  Then I used the other side of Birdsong for some contrast and tore some more paper. 



I added texture paste through a stencil, and then added Blue Fern Studios Blood Orange embossing powder.  It was exactly what I was hoping for, just enough glitter and color.  I also used the Blue Fern Studios Crackle & Grunge Grid Stamps for more texture.  



For layering I added Blue Fern Studios flowers and chipboard - Apricot Blooms, Wanderlust Lilies, Fern Leaves, Manchester Frame and Roman Clock chipboard pieces.  I added Blue Fern Studios embossing powders Avocado and Chili powder to the Manchester Frame, and then added some Blood Orange to it.  For the Roman Clock I used Blue Fern Studios Chili Powder.  I painted the Fern Leaves chipboard pieces with gold acrylic paint.  For the last part of creating my layout I added some Blue Fern Studios Twig & Mustard Seedlings.  For the title I used the Amber & Apricot Sticker Chipboard piece,  How Sweet it is to be Loved by you.




Blue Fern Studios Products:
Amber & Apricot Collection:  Birdsong,  Joyful,  & Faded Blooms
 Chipboard:  Fern Leaves,  Manchester Frame & Roman Clock
Embossing Powders:  Chili Powder,  Blood Orange,  Avocado
 Seedlings:  Twig & Mustard
 "How Sweet it is to be Loved by You" Sticker Chipboard piece
 Apricot Blooms 
 Wanderlust Lilies
 Crackle Stamp & Grunge Grid Stamp

I really enjoyed trying some new products from Blue Fern and felt honored they asked me to be Fan of the Month!  They always have gorgeous paper collections and so many other fun products to create with!  

I hope you have a chance to play with Blue Fern Studios - you will love their products!  Thank you so much for stopping by at Blue Fern Studios!    Happy Creating!

*********************************
A big thank you to Phyllis for sharing her creativity with us (and you!) during the month of September, and allowing us a peek inside her process.  Your projects have been amazing Phyllis!  


2 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job!!! I just love Autumn colors as well!! Keep creating more gorgeous layouts and share it with us:)
    Henry

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Love that frame! :)

    ReplyDelete