Wednesday, July 22, 2015

My First DT Projects and Video Tutorial by Marilyn

Hi everyone! Marilyn here excited to share with you my first design team creations and video tutorial for Blue Fern Studios
A little about me:
My name is Marilyn Rivera and I'm from Puerto Rico but I'm living in North Carolina with my lovely family now.  I have two wonderful teenagers and a very supportive husband.  I'm a Fashion Designer although the last 18 months I'm a SAHM.  I've been scrapbooking for 8 years and nowadays is become more than a hobby, I've been giving the opportunity to travel and give workshops. I love to share my knowledge and techniques in my classes and in my video tutorials.
In my work you will see some techniques that I use for my dressmaking  combined with paints, mediums, lace, pearls and lot of textures!
I'm so happy to be part of the Blue Fern Studios Creative Team and I hope my work and video tutorial inspired you.

You can see my work in my blog HERE and my videos tutorial in my YouTube channel HERE.

"MEMORIES" 
My first project is a layout with this special 25 years old picture when hubby and I were newlyweds.
I worked with the gorgeous new collection Frolic and I chose the Petits Moments and Amoroso papers.
I create the background design using the Ring panel and you will see all the creative process in my video tutorial.
I placed the 'Butterflies Friends' chipboard around my photo and cut out these butterflies from the Dans Le Jardin paper from the Frolic collection.

My title is the  'Memories' word chipboard that I painted in different tones, don't miss  the video tutorial.


I added glass beads and pearl in the rings of the chipboard to create dimension.

Supplies:
 Frolic Collection:  Dans Le Jardin, Mercantile, Amoroso
Blue Fern Chipboards: Ring panel, Butterflies Friends, Memories word


Here is the video tutorial, I hope it inspired you...Enjoy it!





"A Special Day"

My second page is about my daughter's birthday seven years ago.  I worked with the "Mercantile" paper from the Frolic collection.  I embossed the clock from the "Roman Clock Set"-small  and my title the word "Special".
I placed the beautiful clocks around my photo and between my flower cluster.


I painted with gelatos the "Blooming Foliage",  then I covered the leaves with gel medium and green micro beads.

Supplies:
Frolic Collection: Mercantile paper
Blue Fern chipboard: Blooming Foliage, Roman Clock Set, "Special" word

I hope you find inspiration in my first blog post.
Have a great day!

Marilyn Rivera


3 comments:

  1. Welcome! Your work is exceptionally beautiful, and I am looking forward to watching the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn,
    Your designs and layouts are gorgeous - and your family photos are beautiful! You know how much I always love your amazing designs - and thank you for the video.

    ReplyDelete