Tuesday, July 14, 2015

My first blogpost for Blue Fern Studios. Mixed media layout and a pocketletter .


                Hello, my name is Wilma Voermans and I am a new team member at Blue fern Studios.
                                I live in the beautiful Bernese Oberland , Switzerland.
                     Talking English is not that difficult, but in my writing can be mistakes.
                                            I hope you will forgive me this.

                                  My first love is abstract mixed media on big canvas.
                     It is a side of my creativity I never show, because it is something for myself.

                        A few years ago I discovered scrapbooking and I was addicted right away.
                    Scrapbooking is so versatil , so many styles , techniques and materials can be used .
                                       Getting the mood of the picture,  be creative ,
                                       and make a keepsake for the next generation.
                                                         What more can we ask for?

                        Next to this I do Project life and my new addiction: pocketletters!

           Lets start with my first project for this post.......a vintage mixed media scrapbook page.
                                    Vintage and flowers is not my first to go to style,
                                     but I have a daughter that loves to dress vintage...
                                           Those pictures have to be scrapped too :)


                               My inspiration to start was the Love Story collection paper Concerto:

I used the black and white side to start.
But than I sort of lost myself with paints and medium.
But that doesn't matter, I had the feeling of the paper in mind.
For my layers behind the picture I also took leftovers from the Cottilion paper.


I knew I was going to use the tattered diamonds bits, so I took a stencil with the same shape.
The pink diamonds you see in the background is a mix of ink and translucent embossing paste.



For the chipboard I first painted it with black writersink.
It is deep black and you dont need to cover the chipboard first.
After it dryed I painted roughly over it with distress paint in Tarnished brass.



Lets go to my Blue Fern inspired pocketletter.
If you start with them, look out......it is highly addictive.
Not only is it great to receive real mail, it is fun to make somebody, somewhere something nice.

Pocketletters can have themes and  any kind of style.
Vintage, modern , colorfull, funny , cute etc etc
It are 9 cards and you add them in those baseball sleeves.
The card size is ATC , 2,5 x 3,5.

There should be a short (or long ) letter in one of the sleeves.
And you add some treats in the sleeves.
Little embellishments, a teabag, little tags, emphemera, well....anything goes.
There are groups on facebook for pocketletters swaps and it is a real hype at the moment.

For me it is not about the things that come with my letters.
 I love it when I see my swappartner made something with love and fun. 
Untill now I (almost) always got lovely letters and I like to save them as they are.
 I leave everything in it. 

The most fun letters for me are the ones with the themes: 
about yourself , your surrounding, country  , what do you like and so on. 

But I keep writing about them......lets have a look.
I decided to keep this letter calm, offcourse to see the beautiful background paper.

I used only one sheet of paper:

Cut it up to 7,5 by 10,5 

On the backside I mark the paper in 9 pieces..

At this point you can make your background or first cut them up.
I just did something with a stencil and distress ink before cutting

I have leftovers pieces from the 12x12 sheet.   I fussycut flowers and borderpieces from it.
I also used my Blue Fern stamps in the background and made embellishments with them.


Here the finished frontside:

On the backside I did not do to much, I love the print from the paper, and it is filled with little treatments anyway.
As you see, I added vintage poststamps, lace, flowers, a (real) dryed edelweiss, little shoes, a bookmark , mini incense, some BFS chipboard and offcourse the letter.
There is one pocket empty, I want to add a minipicture from her granddaughter in it.
I took it from her profile , so I dont show it here.... for her privacy.

I hope you like my first blogpost, have a great day!


                         

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout and pocket letter! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you know me I am a vintage and flower girl and I think your layout is beautiful Wilma. LOVE the tattered diamonds ! and your pocket letter is so soft and lovely. Lucky lady to receive it
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your vintage layout is absolutely gorgeous, as is the picture of your daughter dressed in her wonderful vintage outfit. Your background, textures and colors are wonderful. Your pocket letters are very beautiful (both sides). I haven't tried these yet - but the ones I've seen on Facebook are lovely - as is your set! Thank you for showing the sizes to cut as well.

    ReplyDelete