Thursday, July 23, 2015

Frolic and more with Sandi ~

"Fun in the Sun"

Hello, Blue Fern Studios fans! 
Sandi here with you today sharing a mix of new products along with some olders ones as well. I hope the month of July is going well for you. Mine is super busy, busy, busy! I hope August will be a little more "normal" and I'll have some leisure time for creating! 

Anyway, I have created a layout for you using the A side of the Friendship paper from the brand new Frolic collection.  I usually try to steer away from the A sides at least for a while but this blue was calling my name .. which is kind of unusual for me.  But I knew that it would be a great background for this photo of the grandkids taken on the Fourth of July weekend, a holiday here in the USA. My photo mat layers are the Adorn papers. 

As par for the course, I did some background work with gesso, a stencil, super heavy gesso and mists. Just a light touch as the papers are so pretty. 


This is the new Frolic Mesh chipboard piece! Gosh, I adore this one! It is for sure going to be a favorite. I inked it and then did sme random embossing in dark copper. 


I was excited to get these sweet Paisley and Vine Flowers chipboard piece in my design team kit! They are adorable ! Sweet and dainty. They were merely gesso-ed and inked. They picked a few random bits of embossing powder from my kraft mat and that created some fun texture


My title piece Fun in the Sun was painted, misted and the embossed all over for a shiny look. 

Blue Fern Studio products used:
Paper:
Frolic Friendship
Frolic Adorn

Chipboard:
Frolic in the Sun
Frolic Mesh
Paisley and Vine Flowers

***

"Cute Stuff"

Next, I decided to play up some of the greens from the Paisley and Vine collection for this photo of my granddaughter. The photo is rather poor quality but she needed it scrapped, so there you go! 
I did some photo editing and tried to have a little fun in the process. 

I've layered a sheet of Whimsy paper over Bohemian and then used torn strips of Bohemain (both sides) along with Splendor. Playing cards made for a perfect photo mat and subtitle. 

Have you seen the new Novelty trim pieces? That red piece in the center is one of them. Mine is painted and then misted in shades of red-orange. I also adore the Deja Vu Atelier Chippie! It made for a beautiful vertical piece to ground my layout. Gesso gave it some tooth and then I used paints and mists. The Cute Stuff title from the Good Vibes set is an oldie that I still enjoy using. I've simply inked it in brown. 

 The Halftone stamp was used to further frame the photo by adding texture and depth all around the photo area. 

Here are a couple of close-ups:


Swooning over the Atelier piece and stamps! 


Just another little close-up. 

Blue Fern Studios products used:
Paper:
Paisley and Vine Splendor
Paisley and Vine Whimsy
Paisley and Vine Bohemian
Paisley and Vine Playing Cards

Chipboard:
Novelty Trims
Déjà Vu Atelier Chippie
Good Vibes

Stamps:
Halftone

***

"Enjoy the Journey"

You might have already seen this one! It was made for last month's Sketch challenge but I never got a chance to share it.  I've used a combination of Ombre Dreams papers, Shannon's Dream and Julianna's Dream. Using a stencil, super heavy gesso and mist, I created a really fun background. A little brighter than I originally had in mind but I love the final result. All my chipboard was treated with gesso, chalk inks and microbeads and are listed below. 

Close-ups:


Love the layering stems.


Microbead fun! 


Blue Fern Studios products used:
Paper:
Ombre Dreams Shannon's Dream paper
Ombre Dreams Julianna's Dream paper

Chipboard:
Layering Stems
Enjoy the Journey title
Jeweled Page Baubles
Flutter Page Singles

Well, that's it from me this month. 
Hopefully next month will be a bit quieter around our house and I can get back to
 creating a little more leisurely. There are lots of new goodies on my desk. 


Thanks for coming by!

1 comment:

  1. All wonderful and beautiful designs and layouts and awesome photos.

    ReplyDelete