Friday, June 20, 2014

Ombre Dreams projects with Rae

Hello all! It's Rae sharing some projects I've made using the amazing new paper line, Ombre Dreams. I have to say that I LOVE this paper so much!


"Dreams Come True" Layout


This is my layout based on the June sketch. 



I used the "Dream Cards" paper to make the title. I wanted to use this piece of the "Layering Stems" set  in this flower cluster, but I only had ONE! What's a girl to do? Well, I soaked that piece in water for a few minutes, then peeled the layers, and got three pieces out of it! This is a great way to get a lighter look with chipboard, and let it flow and give a little different kind of dimension. After the pieces dried, I painted them with green paint and added some darker green ink for a realistic look.





I primed the "Renaissance Border" with gesso, and added some purple microbeads while the gesso was still wet. The beads only stuck in some places, and gives it a unique look. After the gesso was dry, I misted the whole piece with some peach colored mist.



I added a a "Royal Page Bauble" that I painted gold using distress stain.



 "Wonder" Layout


 I adore cemetery statues! I found this picture on Reddit, and there was no photographer listed to give credit to, but MAN! What an amazing photo! I printed it out some time ago, and it seemed to fit so well with the "Ginger's Dream" paper. 


 
I painted the "Ginger's Poppies" pieces with gesso, then added some green watercolor for the leaves and stems, then added some watered down Izink to the flowers, which resisted in some spots- AWESOME!
 Here's the other poppy.


One of the layers behind the photo is the "Grand Garden Gate." I used a combination of distress stains, distress inks, and chalk inks to get this patina look. 


"All You Need is Love" Layout


This is one of my favorite pictures of me and my son. I've made a few layouts with this picture before, but my family has taken them! This one is just for me. 



Again, I primed the "Small Circle Flourish" with gesso and painted the leaves and flowers with some green and purple mists to give a watercolor look. Then, I added some flowers. See that heart lock? I cut that from one of the "Romantic Page Dangles" and colored it with silver Izink and grey chalk ink.


Here I cut up more "Romantic Page Dangles" so I could use the chains to accent the larger chain which is from the "Page Chains" set, and used the same products I did on the heart lock. 

The key is from the "Vintage Keys" set. I lightly scraped black archival ink over the key. 

Thanks for having a look at my pages using Ombre Dreams! Have a great day!



Rae

6 comments:

  1. Rae, these are spectacular projects. I love the warm glow that was achieved on the Sketch page. Your treatments of the edges on your pages always add so much interest and texture. Very pretty chipboard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so beautiful. I just got Ombre Dreams in the mail yesterday and love it. Can't wait to create some layouts with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful!! I an partial to concrete angels statues, so l adore your angel layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous lo's, I really love the angel, and I love that gate in the background, it really looks aged, great design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing work Rae - your layouts are all so dreamy! love what you did with the gate too, the patina look is so authentic-looking!

    ReplyDelete