Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Delicate vs Grunge.. Which do you prefer!!

Hi there. Lisa here. I love both delicate and grunge depending on my mood!!!! Sometimes I love to get all delicate and dreamy and other times I want to get all messy and dirty. But my messy and dirty kind of comes out elegant!! Today, I have 2 layouts to share with you using both styles. The first one is  a little bit of Grunge. Kind of Steampunk. The Techno Rings brought out the grunge in me.


I wanted an old worn look to the Techno Rings, so I used a gold based 2 toned spray to achieve that effect. Very simple but very striking.


I fell in love with the little keys in the Spare Parts set, that reminded me of the ones used to wind up old toys. In my fantasy layout, they are winding up the hot air balloons for flight.


The second layout is my interpretation of the June Sketch Challenge. 


  I didn't want to place to many embellishments on the page as the Rose Border is so elegant and I didn't want to distract from its beauty.



Here is a close up of the Rose Border. I absolutely love the delicate cuts in this piece. I primed it with gesso and then painted misting sprays on the individual designs when the gesso dried.


My 3rd layout was created after  day spent at the beach. I was just so inspired by the beautiful colors of a sunny day, and the blue green colors of the Gulf water. I used Ombre Dreams paper in Gingers Dream.


  I used the outer part of the Damask Panel under my layered paper.I primed it with white acrylic paint and then sprayed it with Lindy's Starburst Spray in Shabby Turbine Teal and Rusty Lantern Lime.



 On the Bordeaux Layered Frame , (under the resin frame) I only used 1 part of the set. The other piece was used in another layout. You don't "have" to use the set as one. I got 2 pieces out of it! I primed it with white acrylic paint. When the paint was dry, I applied a crackle medium to it. Once the crackle paint was dry, I sprayed it with 2 colors of Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays. Shabby Turbine Teal (from the Industrial Chic collection), and bit of California Golden Poppy. I sprayed some gauze  using the same colors as in the frame. I tucked it under the photo and around the frame. The Seaside Shells Chipboard and the Seaside Treasures coral piece were all primed and sprayed.


Thank you for coming and taking a peek at the blog today. I hope that you were inspired to create a project of your own using Blue Fern Studios chip board and papers.

2 comments: