Monday, June 9, 2014

White Wash

Hi everyone!  It's Valerie today with a few layouts using the amazing new collection from Blue Fern Studios -Ombré Dreams.  After I created my first two layouts, I realized a pattern.  I was treating all the chipboard pieces with white paint.  So I kept with that trend for all 3 layouts.

For this layout,  I wanted to keep things simple and really let the photo and soft background pattern show through.  I have used the Wild Flourish Bundle which was painted white.  I first primed the chipboard with gesso, and then painted it with Titanium White paint.  I find it gives a whiter white than just using gesso.  
This paper is Leslie's Dream
 

To add a little color, I brushed some orange ink on the edges, which you can see better in the close-up image below.


This image shows the glorious goodness of this paper!  Aren't the details amazing?



For my next layout, I chose the beautiful blue Susan's Dream paper from the Ombré Dreams collection, since my niece has such beautiful blue eyes.


The following 2 close ups show the Twilight Garden Frame, which I cut in half.  I tucked one half to the right of the photo, and the remaining part of the frame can be seen to the left.  I primed these pieces, painted them white, then stamped them with a script stamp.  Instead of using black, I used a softer gray chalk ink. 



I inked the Calligraphic Border with one of the same colors of distress ink that I used with a stencil.


For my third layout, it was pink all the way!  I began with the Shannon's Dream paper.  I chose the less patterned side of the paper because I wanted to add some book paper and lots of mist.


I used several pieces of chipboard on this layout.  Initially I painted them all white, but ended up applying embossing powder to some of them.  Here you can see the lamp from the Second Hand Furnishings set.  I used some chunky embossing powder on this one.  You can also see a piece of the Leafy Page Accents that I cut into several pieces and used throughout the layout. 


Here I have used one of the Ornate Medallions, which was painted white and embossed.


In the main cluster I have used the Ornate Medallions, Doodle Flowers and Leafy Page Accents, which I have painted white.  A few of them have also been heat embossed.


Once again I used gray ink and mist on this layout.  I really like it instead of black on light colored layouts.

I hope you enjoy your day, and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Valerie, for sharing your tips and tricks! Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layouts Valerie and love those photos.

    ReplyDelete