Sunday, June 29, 2014

Layouts of Love with Patter

Hello Blue Fern Studio fans! It's the 29th so it's time for me to share my June creations with you.

I Love You More
For my first 8 1/2 x 11 layout, I used a photo of two of my daughters that I took while we were on vacation in May. As a family, we say "I Love You More" a lot to each other. I felt that this photograph looked like a time they would be saying that to each other. The Blue Fern chipboard title "I Love You More" was perfect for the page. I also used the Blue Fern Garden Parlour papers.

To color the chipboard, I coated it in white gesso. While it was still wet, I spritz on several different mist colors then let dry. Some of the color pooled in some areas but I liked that because of the effect it gave the chipboard.

And notice below how I left the branding strip on at the bottom of the patterned paper. The branding strip contains the paper name, UPC code, etc. Sometimes I cut them off, sometimes I leave them on the paper as I did here, and sometimes I use the strips on cards and layouts. On the far left hand side, you can still kind of see the word "garden" at the bottom. I covered it mostly in modeling paste but still some showed through which is fine. Don't be afraid to keep those branding strips on your pages! Have fun with them.
Blue Fern Studios products used:
Blue Fern Garden Parlour paper
I Love You More chipboard

Love Remember
For this 8 1/2 x 11 layout, I used the new Ombre Dreams Joyce's Dream paper. I also used the beautiful chipboard piece called Circle Flourish Small.

To color the chipboard, I coated it in white gesso and let it dry. I then used a paint brush to paint on several different mist colors. By using a paint brush I was able to control where the colors went and how dark they appeared.
Blue Fern Studios products used:
Ombre Dreams Joyce's Dream paper
Circle Flourish Small chipboard

Sketch Layout
And this is my 8 1/2 x 11 layout I created using the June sketch challenge. If you haven't joined in the fun yet, there still is time. Click here to see the details and join in!

This layout is of myself and my oldest daughter (by a minute) and uses Ombre Dreams Shannon's Dream and Julianna's Dream papers. I also used the Heart Borders and Techno Rings chipboard pieces.

To color these chipboard pieces, I again painted each piece with gesso. After the chipboard was dry, I used mists and acrylic paints to achieve the various effects.

Blue Fern Studios products used:
Ombre Dreams Shannon's Dream paper
Ombre Dreams Julianna's Dream paper
Heart Borders chipboard
Techno Rings chipboard

Thanks for joining me today! See you again in July! Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. These pages are beautiful!
    Especially the first one, lovely color mix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your pages are fabulous Patter, love the way you matched the colours as well

    ReplyDelete