Thursday, July 11, 2013

Three Layouts by Kelly Foster

Hello Blue Fern fans - Kelly here.
Today I have three  layouts to share...so I will just get right to it!

"You Are So Fun"

For this layout, I have followed the sketch for this month's challenge...I hope you will play along, too! (Find the link in the right sidebar.)


Below you can see a section of the Renaissance Border, and the word "You" from the Valentine's Word Set. These both were dabbed lightly with gesso, then painted with various colors of water color paint. Once they were dry, I dabbed around the edges randomly with a green chalk ink.


Below is a section of the Twiggy Branch, which was left mostly bare, with just a touch of  green chalk ink.

Below are the other bits of the Renaissance Border and Twiggy Branch, and bottom left I have used one of the Nifty Tags and Tickets to ground my title. I placed one of the adorable little Vintage Keys below that.

Chipboard used:

Renaissance Border
Renaissance Border - Click Image to Close
Nifty Tags and Tickets
Nifty Tags & Tickets - Click Image to Close
Vintage Keys
Vintage Keys - Click Image to Close
Twiggy Branch
Twiggy Branch - Click Image to Close

Valentine's Word Set
Valentine's Word Set - Click Image to Close


"Good Vibes"

I used a wide variety of chippies on this one, too...I just really had fun with this page, for the photo that I love so much. First up, the title...this was simply embossed with a white detail embossing powder..I just adore the font for the Good Vibes set, so fun!

Below..one of the Circle Motifs..painted with a shimmery pearl acrylic paint,  a few dots of gold paint for the flower centers, then the leaves were colored with a green watercolor pencil. A touch of stamping with a script stamp was done on top of that.


Up next...Garden Daisies (Large), I applied the same technique as I did the flowers on the Circle Motif, but to top them off I painted on just a bit of a textured medium. The stem was misted with a shimmery green mist.


Good Vibes Word Set
Good Vibes - Click Image to Close
Garden Daisies - Large
Garden Daisies - Large

Circle Motifs
Circle Motifs

"Smile"

Another "summer" page. This one is loaded up with bits and pieces of chipboard..see if you can spot them all! Below you will find one of the Nifty Tags and Tickets, which was stamped lightly with green and teal ink. Also, you can see the end of the Calligraphic Border, which was painted with a gold acrylic glaze, then dabbed with a bit of teal acrylic glaze. I also tucked in pieces of the Natural Sprigs, which were distressed, then embossed with green and gold embossing powder. 

For my title, I used the cute "Smile!" polaroid frame from the Picture Perfect set. This was left mostly natural, with a few dabs of ink here and there, and a dark brown chalk in around the edges for definition.


Last but not least, I have added a section of the Blue Fern Frame..I cut this apart and have slowly been using pieces of it. I stamped with a script stamp and then embossed with gold. I then added touches of all of the paints and inks that I used on all of the other pieces in my project to make it blend nicely.


Calligraphic Border
Calligraphic Border
Blue Fern Frame
Blue Fern Frame
Nifty Tags and Tickets
Nifty Tags & Tickets
Natural Sprigs Set
Natural Sprigs Set
Picture Perfect
Picture Perfect

Thank you so much for stopping in today, I hope you have enjoyed my projects. See you soon!

8 comments:

  1. Three completely stunning layouts... gorgeous colours and layering - and beautiful photos too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. One is more beautiful than the next....

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all chock full of creativity and inspiration....especially love that Smile polaroid frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning projects Kelly! Love your chippie work, your styling and the super photo's! Everything is just perfectly perfect! Love your work! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous chipboard and amazing work from Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fabbolicious take on the July sketch Kells! love your arty second project and the third layout is just gorgeousness! you are one amazing artist! ADORE the colours on all of these! xoxo

    ReplyDelete