Monday, July 22, 2013

Projects with Kerryn Lawson


Hello!  Kerryn here with you today for my first post as part of the Blue Fern Studios design team.  It is very exciting indeed!

I live in South Australia with my husband and two children.  I have been scrapbooking for about 6 years now and it is a daily obsession.  My husband is the one responsible for introducing me to the world of scrapbooking, a decision he now probably regrets, but I for one am eternally grateful.  I scrapbook in both 8.5x11 and 12x12 and occasionally I dabble in both cards and off the page projects.

Today I would like to share a layout and a card with you.

First up is the layout.  This layout focusses on my son and incorporates some of my favourite Blue Fern Studios chipboard pieces.

 
The widgetworks set has become a go to set for me.  The arrow piece has been simply inked with charcoal ink.

 
The quatrefoil garden panel is a fabulously versatile piece.  I have cut the panel in two and embossed both pieces with distress embossing powder.  The two pieces were then incorporated into the design in place of patterned paper.

 
Quatrefoil Garden Panel (2)

 
Widgetworks

 
 
For my card I combined two different Blue Fern Studios pieces to create a lovely floral cluster on the card.
 
 
The seasonal wildflowers have been inked with sage ink with white paint and vintage photo distress ink randomly applied to add detail.  The garden daisies have been given a more subtle treatment of sandstone ink, gold perfect pearls and vintage photo distress ink.

 
 
Seasonal Wildflowers
 
 
Garden Daisies - Small

 
Thanks for stopping by the Blue Fern Studios blog today. 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. A great boy's page Kerryn....love the use of the arrow and the quatrefoil. The widgetworks set looks like a must have for anyone with boys. By contrast youv'e used a soft and delicate style on your card. Both are lovely Are these chippies available in South Australia?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh these are so wonderfully you Kerryn! what a perfect boy's page! xx

    ReplyDelete