Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Similar Yet Different {With Patter}

Hi, Patter here. Today I wanted to share a card and a layout I created for you. They are similar yet different. I started out with the same exact background for each piecewhite cardstock with blue modeling paste and drips. I thought it would be fun to see what happens when I start with the same base but then turn them each into something unique. Let's look at my creations.

The Card
For my card today I created a feminine card using the chipboard shoe from the Blue Fern Studios Icon Set 2. Send this to a friend and invite her to go shopping! I covered the chipboard shoe in gesso and then added brown micro beads and Glossy Accents. Underneath the shoe is a heart from the Blue Fern Studios Heart Panel Chunky. I painted it with gesso and then inked it with chalk ink.
Pin It
Icon Set Two
Heart Panel Chunky

The Layout
Next I created this 8 1/2 x 11 layout using Blue Fern Studios Ironworks Accents and the Optimist Word Set. I used the word "happy" from the set and used it for the title. Both chipboard pieces are painted in black gesso. I then added Glossy Accents to the title only. I wanted to give it a little shine.
Pin It
Ironwork Accents

Optimist Word Set

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you have enjoyed seeing how I have used the Blue Fern chipboard pieces on my creations. And I hope that you will join us in the July Sketch Challenge! You still have time to enter. We would love to see what you create with Blue Fern products!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet card Patter! and your layout is beautiful as ever. Such pretty colours on both of your projects! xox

    ReplyDelete