Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Meet our July Blue Fern Fan of the Month!

We hope that all of you in the United States enjoyed a wonderful day of celebrating
 our country's independence yesterday. 

The first Wednesday of each month also allows us the celebrate the Blue Fern Fan of the Month!  
Joining us for the month of July is the awesome Tracy Funk.  You will enjoy the vintage and 
slightly grungy style that she uses when creating.  Each Wednesday during the month 
Tracy will share a layout using Blue Fern products.

Let's turn it over to Tracy so you can get to know her a little better, 
and to see the first layout she has created for us this month!



Hi, my name is Tracy Funk.  I live near Toronto, Canada with my husband and two teenage sons. I have always liked crafts but discovered scrapbooking in 2008 and have been addicted to it ever since.  My style leans toward vintage because I love to scrap old family photographs but I do like to scrap photos of my boys too. I am so excited to be Blue Fern Studios' Fan of the Month for July.  I love their chipboard and the premium quality paper they make, especially. It's a pleasure to create with their products.



I'm very excited to present this layout called "Garden Contemplation" that I did for Blue Fern Studios
 as their "Fan of the Month" for July.  If features a photo of my husband's great-grandfather.  
For this layout I used Patience from the Tranquility Collection.



This chipboard piece is the Floral Lattice Bits which I finished by dabbing them with
 green, blue, brown and white paint using a brush.



The Ironwork Arch at the top left of layout was painted with white and various shades of brown 
using a sponge stippler to give a soft, blended effect.  I also inked around the edges with dark grey.



I used brown embossing powder on the Renaissance Border and rubbed green paint over the rough embossed surface using my finger.  I then glued some tiny beads randomly over top using a clear-drying adhesive.

Thank you so much to Blue Fern Studios for this opportunity!

4 comments:

  1. HUGE Congratulations Tracy!! Love the beautiful details and techniques in your work! I know that we will get to see so many wonderful layouts from you this month and I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, how exciting! And what a beautiful layout using Blue Fern Studios products! Lovin' the way your Ironwork Arch turned out with the browns and gray! Beautiful heritage piece! Congratulations on becoming "Fan of the Month"!

    ReplyDelete