Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Waiting for the Bus by Tracy Funk

Today we welcome back our July Blue Fern Fan of the Month, Tracy Funk.   
She has a super sweet layout to share with you today.  



I'm so pleased to be back with my second layout as the Blue Fern Studios "Fan of the Month" for July. It's called "Waiting for the Bus" and features a photo of my sister Lori in 1960.

I used papers from Blue Fern Studios' Garden Life and Happy Accident collections.

On the Wallflowers paper that I used for the background I did some stencilling around the edges with molding paste.  While the paste was still wet, I sprinkled it with Baby Pink Imagine Ink embossing powder and heat set it.





I painted the Spirit of Heartland chipboard piece blue then applied watery white paint overtop with a sponge stippler.  I used an embossing marker to ink the flower parts and heat embossed them with the Baby Pink Imagine Ink embossing powder.  I also inked around the edge in black.





I also used a piece of Blue Fern Studios printed chipboard (one of the corner pieces).




I used the Garden Blooms flowers.



Products used:

Garden Life paper - Wallflowers
Garden Life paper - Merriment
Happy Accident paper - Lucky
Baby Pink Embossing Powder
Garden Blooms
Garden Life - Printed Chipboard


Spirit of Heartland chipboard

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable & so well designed!! So pretty in every way! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, I love the way you used the embossing powders, layered the chipboard, and arranged the flowers! Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, I love the way you used the embossing powders, layered the chipboard, and arranged the flowers! Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete