Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Summer Breeze by Tracy Funk

We still have one more layout from our July Blue Fern Fan of the Month to share with you.  I think Tracy just might have saved the best for last.  The colors she has used are absolutely beautiful! It has been our pleasure to share her layouts with you this month.   Each one of them is filled with inspiration and her use of Blue Fern products is amazing. Thanks so much, Tracy, for sharing your vintage look and creative style with us.

  Here is Tracy to tell you all about her layout:



"Summer Breeze" is my final layout for Blue Fern Studios as their fan of the month for July.  It features a photo of  my husband's grandmother, Audrey.  I had a wonderful time working with Blue Fern Studios products this month.

For this layout I used papers from the Garden Life collection.  I used the back of the Calling Cards paper as the background and the back of the Flower Bed paper for the die-cuts.

I did some random stamping on the background with dark grey ink using the Tattered Newsprint stamp.




I used several pieces of Blue Fern Studios chipboard (Dangled Lace, Garden Daisies-small and Layering Stems).

I coated the Dangled Lace piece with matte medium, then applied white crackle paint. When that was dry, I brushed it with black artisan powder, wiping off the excess with a damp cloth and then rubbed it with a bit of orange ink.




I painted the Garden Daisies grey and then brushed watery white paint over the petals.  I glued a mixture of beads in the center of each flower.




I painted the Layering Stems green then applied white glue to the petals and heat-embossed them with orange embossing powder.




I also used some printed chipboard from Blue Fern Studios' Garden Life and Happy Accident collections.








I used some alphabet stamps with dark grey ink to put the name on the printed chipboard piece.


I used the white and peach-coloured Happy Roses and applied orange ink to the edges of the petals.



List of Blue Fern Studios Products Used:

Garden Life - Calling Cards paper
Garden Life - Flower Bed paper
Happy Roses
Garden Life - Printed Chipboard
Happy Accident - Printed Chipboard
Dangled Lace chipboard
Garden Daisies (small) chipboard
Layering Stems chipboard
Tattered Newsprint stamp


Thank you again to Blue Fern Studios for giving me this opportunity to work with their beautiful products.

4 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous eye for design & balance! The colors and chipboard treatments are simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I've been behind due to knee surgery.....these are absolutely gorgeous, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I've been behind due to knee surgery.....these are absolutely gorgeous, Tracy

    ReplyDelete