Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Serendipity Inspiration by Pascale

Hello Sweeties,

Today I'm up on Blue Fern Studios blog with three new projects. The first one showcase a photo of a work of art from the 2015 exhibit in the Castle of Riveau (France).


I started to protect the background as well as the chipboards with a layer of clear Gesso. I covered the Roman clocks with black gesso. Then I stamped them with the Arcadia Textures stamp and embossed them with the Ginger embossing powder. Finally I added some teal color.


I embossed the Organic Vine and the Spring Branch with different colors of embossing powder to give them some texture. I added some Garnet embossing powder on the "flowers" of the Organic Vine and when the powder was still hot I covered it with Merlot glitter.


Having glued all the embellishments, I added more colors and Merlot and Caribbean glitters.


Blue Fern Studios products used:

Serendipity papers - Imagination, Reminescence
Chipboards - Organic Vine, Spring Branch, Roman Clocks Set - Small
Imagine Ink - Embossing Powders - Verdant, Sage, Seven Seas, Ginger, Garnet
Imagine Ink - Glitters - Merlot, Caribbean
Stamp - Arcadia Textures


The second layout showcase another photo of work of art I've taken in Pussigny (Indre-et-Loire, France) during the Pussifolies 2015. The Pussifolies is an annual event (in June) where painters have one day to achieve a paint (4 x 2 m). The canvas are hung in the streets, on the wall of the house and everyone can see how they work. 


Again I started with a layer of clear gesso on the background and the chipboards. When the background was dry, I added more blue and gray colors; Then I added a design with the Arcadia Textures stamp and Pearl embossing powder; the result is really subtle.  


I painted the title with white gesso and different shades of blue. Then I used the Arcadia Stamp to add a design and I embossed it with the Pearl embossing powder. The blue color showed through the embossing. I colored it again with a darker color to add some contrast.


I covered the Chelsea Vine with a brown primary element. Then I embossed the leaves with the Verdant embossing powder. I added more primary element on top on the leaves and heat them again to melt the primary element with the embossing powder. I covered the branch with Crackle Accent.


I painted the Quatrefoil Panel with the same brown primary element and covered it with a Graphite paste. Then I covered it randomly with a Graphite paste as I want to see the brown color underneath.

Blue Fern Studios products used:

Serendipity papers - Glee, Fascination, Reminisce, Calling Cards
Chipboards - Serenpidity Word 1, Chelsea Vines, Quatrefoil Panel
Imagine Ink - Embossing Powder - Pearl, Verdant
Stamp - Arcadia Textures


The third layout showcase the "Big Clock Gate" of La Rochelle (France). 


Like previously, I covered the background with clear gesso. Then I added some random stamping with the Brocade Texture stamp.


I covered the brick wall panel  as well as the brick part of the Flourish Medley with white gesso, I used a sponge as I want to obtain some texture. When dry, I colored it with Burnt Umber.


I colored the leaves of the Flourish Medley with different shades of green. When the colors were still wet I added Verdant and Sage embossing powders and heat set them. I followed the same process on the die-cut leaves using the Verdant embossing powder on the rose leaves and the Sage on the sprig leaves.


Blue Fern Studios products used:

Serendipity papers - Inspiration, Fascination
Chipboards - Flourish Medley, Shabby Brick Panel
Imagine Ink - Embossing Powder - Verdant, Sage
Stamp - Brocade Texture

4 comments: