Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Maja's February Projects

Hello, Blue Fern Studios Fans and welcome to the blog today :-)

For my today's post I created various projects, so I hope everyone would find something for themselves to get inspired. All of them feature our latest release, the Serendipity collection.
Let's start with the layout:


I first layered two papers in contrasting colours for the background and added some stamping. For the title, I traced the words of the "Always Remember" chipboard with embossing marker and heat-embossed them separately with Heavenly and Ginger embossing powders:


Then I cut out some journaling cards to mat my photo. I tucked some flowers in between then layers,  I also included some loose brick pieces I found with my Shabby Brick Panel (you can also find them in the Extra Bits sets :-)) that I covered with subtle crackle paint.


I created a custom button by attaching an epoxy sticker to the bird image and cutting it out. As for the extra pieces you might get with your chipboard, I decided to keep them and use for some interesting decor element :-) I first removed the pieces from the chipboard, covered them with various eps and but them back together, creating kind of a mosaic/stained glass element (to be able to mount it on 3D dots, I matted the shapes with some paper on the back side):


For the word part, I first embossed the background pieces with Breeze ep and then re-heat it a bit so that particles of Oatmeal ep would stick to it and embossed again to get a shabby chic look:



Always Remember:

Papers: Serendipity: Anticipation, Fascination, Imagination, Chronicle
EP: Ginger, Heavenly, Azure, Seven Seas, Breeze, Oatmeal
Chipboard: Always Remember, Charmed Page Dangles, Shabby Brick Panel/Extra Bits
Stamps: Photography, Forever, Vintage Edges

I used this mosaic/stained glass technique for my next project too, an OTP home decor piece with the beautiful Couture chipboard as the main image:


Just as with the Charmed dangle, I removed the pieces, covered them with Lilac and Mystic Plum eps and but them back into the main piece that I covered with 14 Karat ep.


For the background, I layered some papers, put some lace in between the layers and stamped a dangle from the Deja Vu stamp set, then added some dimensional elements to it:


I also included a flower cluster with a button and metal wing charm in it. Beneath my composition I put the Inspiration chipboard on the passe-partout I splashed with black ink:



Inspiration:

Papers: Serendipity: Inspiration, Merriment, Reminisce
EP: Lilac, Mystic Plum, 14 Karat
Chipboard: Couture, Serendipity Words 1
Stamps: Deja Vu

I also made two cards for this post - here's a wedding card that features the Boston Lattice chipboard piece:


I think it makes a beautiful bakcground for the flower cluster, and it also reminds me of a wedding pergola :) For the background, I layered two sides of the Glee sheet:


 I covered the chipboard with white chalk mist and used the extra pieces as propping places to hide 3D dots:



Wedding card:
Papers: Serendipity: Glee
Chipboard: Boston Lattice


It wouldn't make a February post without a Valentine's card ;) Here's one I gave to my own personal hubby:


I used the True Heart stamped image for the main motif: I stamped it on watercolour paper, coloured it with Distress inks, cut out and mounted on layered papers that I also stamped with Journey stamps:


For the sentiment, I used the "love" word from the Chunky Words set, covered it with glue and dipped in the Fool's Gold glitter. Just to make sure it would fall off, I secured it with glossy accents. 


Love card:
Papers: Serendipity: Contemplation, Inspiration
Chipboard: Chunky Words
Glitter: Fool's Gold
Stamps: Journey, True Heart

I wish you a lot of creating time - and see you next time!
Maja Nowak

2 comments:

  1. Wow, your page is gorgeous and the photo is adorable! And, your OTP and cards are beautiful as well!

    ReplyDelete