Friday, February 12, 2016

February Inspiration with Sandi Clarkson!

"On the Road"

Hello, Blue Fern fans! Sandi here with you today sharing my February projects with 3 different collections. 
For this project, I've chosen the Serendipity range which works nicely with this particular photo of my daughter. As have several others, I've chosen Contemplation as my background layer. It seems to be quite popular! I really went to town on the mixed media with this one  .. it is hard to even see my stamping. 


The Swan Gate is a gorgeous piece of chipboard! I've used it here as a photo layer along with some random pieces of Calling Cards and Chronicle.  The gate was heat embossed with Ginger Embossing Powder with various intensity of heat so that some of the powder is not totally embossed. Then I went over the gate with Gold and Patina metallic rub medium.


Titles are hard for me, so I love that Blue Fern carries so many title pieces. This one was perfect! After I gessoed it to give it some tooth, I just did my favorite thing which is to ink them up! When I was completing my page, I added some copper glitter randomly over the page but made sure to give this title  some chunky love. 


Once again, I've merely gessoed and inked my chipboard piece, even making the little bird the same color as the branch. Then a fussy cut butterfly (Merriment) was added for more dimension and color. Right beneath this branch you can see some of my stamping. 


The B Side of the Chronicle paper is a beautiful damask look, while the A side provided fussy cut flowers. The little bird is from the Glee papers. A Calling Card makes a great title mat. 


A few more butterflies cut from the Merriment sheet finish things off. I've also tucked in an older flower from my stash that matched perfectly and provided some femininity to juxtaposition against the more grungy papers and textures. 


Just one more close-up of that gorgeous Swan Gate.
 A final splatter of white paint and this one was done! 

Blue Fern Studios Products used:
Paper:
Serendipity Glee,  Contemplation, Chronicle, Calling Cards and Merriment

Chipboard:
Swan Gate, Mystic Branch,  On the Road

Stamps:
Christmas Collage

Embossing Powder:
Ginger

***

"You are Unforgettable"

This project was a true labor of love. This 12x12 Butterfly Grid is a lot of chipboard! There are so many directions you could do with this one but I decided to add color. It didn't turn out quite like I imagined it but it was fun nonetheless. And I'm anxious to use this piece again. 
I've used the Timeless Main Street as my background and added Calling Cards for my photo layers. 


The Majestic Frame was embossed with a powder from my stash but the title piece was done with Blue Fern Ebony Embossing Powder. After that, I got to work on the butterflies using paints and then Mystic Plum and Iris Embossing Powders. 


Everything got a little white to paint to help with blending.


Gold and violet flowers were added, although the gold are looking a little orange-ish here,


You can see here that parts of the grid were cut away in the corners so that the paper floral design would show.  Also, some of the butterflies were cut to allow me to lift their wings.


A final side view.

Blue Fern Studios Products used:
Paper:
Timeless Main Street, Calling Cards

Chipboard:
Butterfly grid, You Are Unforgettable, Majestic frame

Embossing Powders:
Mystic Plum, Iris and Ebony

Mist:
Jingle Bells

***

"Dreams Come True"

You probably have already seen this project if you made it here for the February Sketch Challenge Post. This one was created with the Blush Collection which I have found so easy to scrap … my fave colors. The background was embossed with the Brocade Texture stamp and 14K Embossing Powder. I also did some other light stamping with the Forever stamp. Then lots and lots of layers from mostly torn paper but also plenty of fussy cut layers as well. 


I totally love the medley and ironworks type pieces. Here I've embossed the  Ironworks Medley piece with Copper Embossing Powder and then randomly smudged it with an antique gold and a patina wax metallic finish. I adore the look of patina on my chipboard pieces! You can also see the fussy cut florals I've tucked in as a layer. 


The Dreams come True title piece was embossed with the Fern color Embossing Powder and then I rubbed more of the antique gold metallic finish on it as well Dabbed it with white paint for a good shabby look! 


A few more fussy cut pieces from Cupid's Folly, a heart, florals and a wee butterfly. 


The embossed background looks so cool! I plan to do this again soon! The 14K just shimmers and the brocade stamp is the bomb!


A final shot to just show you some of the dimension on the page. 

Blue Fern Studios Products Used:
Paper:
Blush Celebration, Reminisce, Fondness, Cupid's Folly and Valentine Calling Cards

Chipboard:
Dreams Come True, Ironworks Medley

Embossing Powder:
Fern, 14 Karat and Copper

Stamps:
Brocade Texture, Forever

That wraps up my February projects. I am already working away on March.
Thank you so much for coming by the Blog today.

Remember that we are now on Instagram at @bluefernstudios and on Twitter @BlueFernStudios.
There are links on the side bar to all of our Social Media accounts.
See you next time!
Sandi

5 comments: