Saturday, February 6, 2016

February Projects by Cathi O'Neill

Got a whole lotta love, for these three! For the Blue Fern February Sketch I have made a layout featuring my husband and two girls. If you peek between their heads you can see the Shannon River and the Clare hills in the background, I just love where we live!  This layout features the Blue Fern Studios Blush Collection, Devoted and Calling Card papers.


And here is the gorgeous sketch we used:



I used a lot of layers for my layout, all from the gorgeous Calling Cards paper. I tucked in some Tattered Diamond Bits covering them with the Imagine Ink Oatmeal Embossing Powder and used the Heart Set which I embossed with Imagine Ink Cotton Candy Embossing Powder.


I've used a lot of gorgeous flowers from my stash and added a twine bow. You can see the Postal Textures stamp I used  in the background along with some masking and splashes.

Blue Fern Studios Supplies:

Paper:
Blue Fern Studios Blush Collection~Devoted
Blue Fern Studios Blush Collection~Calling Cards

Chipboard:
Heart Set
Tattered Diamond Bits

Imagine Ink Embossing Powder:
Cotton Candy
Oatmeal

Stamps:
Postal Textures

My next project is a set of canvases, again using the gorgeous Blush Collecition. this time the Celebration and Enamoured papers and lots of gorgeous Blue Fern Studios chipboard.


I really wanted to try a folk art angel in the style of Kelly Rae Roberts, so my canvas on the left is my version of it!!The skin, bodice and skirt are all made from Blush papers and I used a ton of stamps on these!  


In this close-up you can see the gorgeous Essential Textures Netting stamp.I wanted something inspirational for my angel so I printed out onto some of the Blush sheets, "She thought she could. So she did."  For some extra depth of color I added gelato pigments to the edges of the skirts and the canvas.


For my angel's wings I used the flying wheel stamp from the Widgets stamp set and fussy cut them out!  The angel got her necklace from the Beads and Charms set.  I used the gorgeous Grassy Knoll Imagine Ink Embossing Powder to do some background masking and also on one of the Ornate Medallions. I also used more of the Ornate Medallions cut in half for part of her dress and as decoration on the canvas, these were covered with Cotton Candy Imagine Ink Embossing Powder.


I love my second canvas as well. It is a simpler design but I used the same papers and colors to tie the two together. Here you can see that I colored in the Follow Your Bliss chipboard with the same gelato colors I used on the angel canvas. I love the way I was able to layer the frame, butterlies and title.


For the Royal Monarch butterfly I used Cotton Candy Imagine Ink Embossing Powder. You can see around the edge here that I used more gelatos, the Essential Textures and the Needlework stamps.


At the base of my design I used the beautiful Ever After Frame and embossed it with Grassy Knoll Imagine Ink Embossing Powder.

Blue Fern Studios Supplies:

Paper:
Blue Fern Studios Blush Collection~Fondness
Blue Fern Studios Blush Collection~Celebration

Chipboard:
Follow Your Bliss
Royal Monarchs
Symphony Border
Ornate Medallion
Ever After Frame 

Imagine Ink Embossing Powder:
Cotton Candy
Grassy Knoll

Stamps:
Beads and Charms
Widget
Essential Textures
Needlework



My final project uses our newest paper line Serendipity! I just fell in love with this at first sight, so beautiful and vintage grungy! For my base I used the beautiful Serendipity Contemplation paper.


I have done my favorite thing to do with Blue Fern papers and used the Calling Cards cut apart page to layer behind my vintage image photo. I used the strip from the bottom of the paper as part of the design as well!


Here you can see where I have used one of the Graduated Circles frames to frame my image. I covered the frame in some gorgeous Claret Imagine Ink Glitter!  I made the frame a little more grungy by adding some gesso on top of the glitter .  You can just about see the chipboard flower in the frame. It is from the All Natural set and the stem is embossed with Imagine Ink Sage Embossing Powder while the flower has gorgeous Dusty Rose.Imagine Ink Glitter


Here you can see the flowers and nest I used from my stash. Tucked in with the flowers you can see another piece from the All Natural set, the little leaves which I have embossed with the Imagine Ink Sage Embossing Powder..


To finish off my layout with a title I chose Natural Beauty from the All Natural set, again embossed in Imagine Ink Sage Embossing Powder. As a final touch I added some splashes in pink and some stamping using the netting from the Essential Textures stamp set and the diamond pattern from the Forever stamp set..  Isn't this paper line just gorgeous? Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting!

Blue Fern Studios Supplies:

Paper:
Blue Fern Studios Serendipity Collection~Calling Cards
Blue Fern Studios Serendipity Collection~Contemplation

Chipboard:
Graduated Circles
All Natural Set

Imagine Ink Glitter:
Claret
Dusty Rose

Imagine Ink Embossing Powder:
Sage

Stamps:
Essential Textures
Needlework






4 comments:

  1. Love these, Cathi! I'm a huge KRR fan and you've done a great job on the canvases!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathi,
    Wow - your pages and canvases are all gorgeous! The designs, papers and colors are wonderful and your family photo is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathi,all are work of Art,I like our stash of flowers,
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete