Wednesday, February 3, 2016

February Inspiration with Jelissa

Hello friends!

We've moved into the second month of 2016, and things are happening fast at home! For those in the northern hemisphere, I hope your days are getting warmer too. And those down under, keep chilling!

I'm up on the blog today to share two creations using the amazing Blush collection. I love this line of papers because of the sweet colors and it's also just perfect for scrapping photos of any kind, not only for Valentine's Day. 

First to show you is this layout of my husband and me. I hardly ever scrap our photos because I'm camera shy and the husband is a selfie addict with our kids. But this photo is just perfect for the papers so I couldn't resist. 


My background paper is "Enamored" - and it truly fits the name! Love the B side so much that I've designed a  workshop just around it. The details and subtle masking makes it perfect for mixed media projects that carry a light touch, which is exactly what I have done here.

Some close-ups:



I used the stamps from Romantic Accents set together with Icicle embossing powder (these two are a perfect match) and created a detail resist over which I painted. You can see that I've used translucent water colors to preserve as much of the background paper as I can.



A lot of fussy cut details under my Flutter Medley chipboard - which I had embossed using Icicle EP and Textured Circle stamp.



Layering the different scraps of papers and journaling cards behind the sweet little girl I've cut out.



The other end of the Flutter Medley chipboard.



My title piece from Clip Frames which I first embossed all over with Oatmeal EP, then using the same stamp, added on another layer of Cerulean EP.

Blue Fern Studios products used:

Imagine Ink Embossing Powder - Icicle, Oatmeal, Cerulean
Blush collection papers - Enamoured, Calling Cards, Cupid's Folly, Celebration
Chipboard - Flutter Medley, Clip Frames
Stamp - Textured Circles, Romantic Accents


My second share is one of my little girl and her dad. I've gone for a brighter look because these two were having such a delightful time together playing.



Some close-ups:



My title - Daddy's Little Girl. This is quite a big piece and so I didn't follow conventional ways of placing titles (ie. under or next to photo) but choose to give it its own space above the photo.



Some background detail created with the Key to My Heart stamp and embossing powder.



Rose Medley chipboard altered with water colors, mist and embossing powder.



Layering behind the chipboard.



My must-have floral cluster.

And below is how I put this layout together. Sit back and enjoy the video tutorial!



Blue Fern Studios products used:

Imagine Ink embossing powder - Icicle, Pearl, Raspberry, Cotton Candy
Blush collection papers - Calling Cards, Key to My Heart, Devoted, Celebration
Chipboard - Daddy's Little Girl, Rose Medley
Stamp - Textured Circles, Key to My Heart


1 comment: