Thursday, February 18, 2016

February Layouts-- By Keren Tamir


Hi Everyone,
Its Keren here with my design team projects for February.
I created two different themed layouts using the latest two new collections from Blue Fern Studios.

"Blush" and "Serendipity"

Both these collections are stunning and perfect for the month of love.

Here is the first layout designed with the Blush collection.

"Love"


I used the Blush "Key to my heart" paper for the background. The Blush's pastel colours were perfect for this beautiful wedding photo of my cousin. I just love what the photographer did with their hands and I had to use a frame to highlight the heart.


The frame I used is the Folkart frame. I added a Romantic chipboard dangle of a locket above and below the frame. I wanted to make it seem as if the frame is dangling from the top of the page.
I embossed both frame and dangle with Imagine Ink cotton candy embossing powder


The chipboard word "Love" and the heart were simply inked in chalk ink.


<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>



"Uniquely You"

My second layout is different from the the one above in term of both theme and colours.



I used the Serendipity "Contemplation" paper for the background and the "Calling cards" paper for layering behind the photo.


To create a natural texture in the background I used a modelling paste over a woodgrain stencil. Then while the paste was still wet, I spread 3 different colours of Blue Fern Studios Imagine Ink embossing powder. I used sage, nutmeg and ginger.


I also used the new whimsy chipboard flourishes as accents. They were simply inked in brown chalk ink.



Thank you so much for visiting the Blue Fern Studios blog today
Have a fantastic day!!

Keren

2 comments: