Thursday, January 21, 2016

Three layouts by Marie-Josee

Hello, Blue Fern Studios fans!

I am really happy to be back on the Blue Fern Studios for the third year. It will be very exciting with all the new products and paper collections!




My name is Marie-Josee, I am 40 years old and I live in Gatineau, Quebec, Canada, with my husband and my daughter. I have been scrapbooking since 2006. I love to create layouts, but I also create cards, mixed media projects and altered art.

You can see my work on my blog, Les créations de mariemily, or on my Facebook page, also called Les créations de mariemily.

I will now show you the three projects I created with three differents paper collections.

"Everyday Moments" layout

For this layout, I used the Déjà Vu paper collection.

I also used a piece of the Turkish Panel chipboard.


I altered it with Blue Fern Studios embossing powder (color Petal). I applied the embossing ink directly on the chipboard, and I sprinkled the powder here and there without covering the chipboard completely.


I did not alter the Everyday Moments chipboard because the color fitted with the rest of the layout.


"Always Remember" layout

For this layout, I used the Sanctuary paper collection.

I also used a piece of the Roman Clock Set - Large, the biggest one, as the focal point of my layout.


Here's how I altered it.

First, I added brown ink to the chipboard with the pad, leaving some bare spots here and there. Then, I added embossing ink randomly, only in some spots, and I used Blue Fern embossing powder (color Fern) to add touches of color here and there on the chipboard.

Then, I added gesso here and there with a dry brush.



I altered the title with a black ink pad, also leaving some bare spots. Then, using teal spray ink, I added more color to the chipboard.


Circles layout

For this layout, I used a paper from the Ombré Dreams collection and the Jumbo Rings panel. I put the panel on my paper and used a pencil to draw the inside of the circles. Then, I set aside the paper.


I primed the chipboard with gesso, and while it was still wet, I sprayed green ink on it.

While it was drying, I stamped the inside of the circles with the Blue Fern Studios round stamps. Then, I glued my chipboard to the paper and added more spray ink.

Here are some details!



Thanks for looking, and have a great week!

Marie-Josee

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea with circles layout! Amazing projects Marie-Josee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous projects Marie-Josee!! I love the creativity of each different piece~

    ReplyDelete