Sunday, January 24, 2016

January projects with Karine Gagnon

Hi there, Blue Fern Studios fans,

I'm so excited to be here today to share my first post on the blog. First, let me introduce myself.


I'm 36 years old, mother of two adorable children and partner to the love of my life for over 20 years now. I'm also a high school French teacher, here in the beautiful Quebec city where I live. I discovered scrapbooking about ten years ago now, when my boyfriend brought home a scrapbooking magazine telling me he thought about me when he saw it. If only he'd knew what kind of a monster he would create! I'm an addict since. Lately, I like all things mixed media and texture. I can't make a layout without altering the background. 

You can find me 



I'm so excited to be joining the Blue Fern Studios team and I hope that my projects will inspire you.

My first project was created using this month's sketch.

Moment


I was charmed by the vintage look of the Conservatory paper from the Sanctuary collection. I thought it was perfect for my little guy's picture with his «Frank Sinatra's hat». I used some light misting to add a bit of color, a stencil with a light touch of modeling paste and Postal Textures stamps with some Imagine Ink Oatmeal embossing powder to add a touch of texture in the background.


I chose flowers and embellishments to go under my picture. I used the Grid Pieces and I left them raw, because they are so beautiful. I used two cards from the Calling Cards paper (Sanctuary collection) to mat my picture. As for my title, I used the Moment word from the French Words set and I covered it with Imagine Ink Oatmeal embossing powder.


You can see the embossing powder on the background, on the picture above.


Blue Fern Studios products used:
Papers: Conservatory (Sanctuary collection) and Calling Cards (Sanctuary collection)
Chipboards: Grid Pieces, French Words
Stamps: Postal Textures
Embossing Powder: Imagine Ink Oatmeal Embossing Powder

Adore


My second layout features one of the new paper collection. I chose this beautiful pink pattern from the Celebration paper (Blush collection) to go with my daughter picture. I covered some of it with torn doilies.


Over that, I used some parts of the Marrakesh panel which I painted white with gesso.


I just love this panel! On my title piece, part of the «Adore, Love, Cherish» set, I used Imagine Ink Poinsettia embossing powder.


Blue Fern Studios products used:
Papers: Celebration (Blush collection), Valentine Cards (Blush collection) 
Chipboard: Marrakesh Panel, «Adore, Love, Cherish» set
Embossing powder: Imagine Ink Embossing Powder Poinsettia

Everyday Moment


My last project features probably my favorite paper ever! It is called Artistique, from the Timeless collection. I love the texture!


I used the Swirly Circle to ancre my composition. I left it raw, because I wanted a rustic more masculine look. I used Postal Textures stamps to add interest in my background.


As for a title, I chose the Everyday Moments piece and I covered it with Imagine Ink Ebony embossing powder.


Blue Fern Studios products used:
Papers: Artistique (Timeless collection), Calling Cards (Timeless collection)
Chipboard: Swirly Circle, Everyday moments
Embossing Powder: Imagine Ink Ebony embossing powder
Stamps: Postal Textures

I hope my projects inspired you.
Have a nice day.

É

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful layouts, love your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning creations Karine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous - each and every one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Karine, each page is wonderful and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweet photos and beautiful layout!! I love the way you capture adorableness with beauty!!

    ReplyDelete