Monday, January 11, 2016

My First Projects for Blue Fern Studios: Nicole Doiron

Hello all you Blue Fern Studios fans!!  

I am thrilled to be here with you today to share my very first post and projects as DT!


First, let me introduce myself properly!  I'm Nicole Doiron from Canada's beautiful East coast!
I share my home and my life with my fiance Yves and our fur baby Sugar the cat.  I love reading, music, social game nights with friends, road trips, quality time with family and spending as much time in my scraproom as I can.  I have a shabby chic romantic style and I love to dabble in mixed media techniques.  I started scrapping in 2004 and started blogging about it in 2011, and it's been a marvelous adventure ever since!  I am super excited to be creating for Blue Fern Studios as laser-cut chipboard is my #1 crafty product and Blue Fern Studios designs are the most beautiful!

You can visit my blog at http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com to see more of my creations!

I created 3 layouts to share with you today!


This page of my 2 beautiful nieces features the Timeless collection.
The papers from this line are so gorgeous, romantic and elegant, exactly my style.
I added some added texture and design to my background with the Texture Circles stamp set.


I treated both the Flutter Medley and Grande Cage chipboard pieces the same,
by first covering them with a thick coat of gesso which I heated until it bubbled.


I then experimented with a coat of Oatmeal Imagine Ink embossing powder,
and decided to add some brown paint, topping it off with a coat of
ivory metallic shimmer paint to give it a polished brassy look.


Blue Fern Studios products used:

paper: Timeless (Papillons, Main Street, Calling Cards)
chipboard: Flutter Medley, Grande Cages
embossing powder: Cotton Candy, Oatmeal
stamps: Texture Circles

I gave tribute this month to the 3 most important ladies in my life,
my nieces in my layout above, and my mom in this next one.
Using papers from the Blush collection, I combined the soft feminine colors
to create layers of pretty flowery designs perfect for such a special photo.


The word 'Amazing' from the Brilliant, Amazing, Dazzling set seemed like
a very fitting title as my mother is certainly an amazing person.


There are so many beautiful pieces in the Blue Fern Studios chipboard selection,
but I have to say that the Medley designs are my favorite, this one called
Flourish Medley being no exception. I cut it into 2 pieces in order to be able to
border the complete right side of my page.


On both the title and the Flourish Medley, I used the Honey embossing powder,
and then dabbed on some yellow and white paint with a sponge.
Adding a whitewash effect with dabs of white paint over my paper
and embellishments is somewhat of a signature style that I use on pretty much
all my creations as you will be able to see in the coming months.


Blue Fern Studios products used:

paper: Blush (Reminisce, Fondness, Calling Cards)
chipboard: Flourish Medley, Amazing word
embossing powder: Honey

My last share for this first post is this Winter-themed layout inspired by the January sketch.


I have combined papers from 2 different older collections to create this page:
the background is from Montage and the teal paper as well as the text strips 
are from Paisley & Vine.  I loved the very Winter-y white and teal color combo!


On my background I stamped some designs from Essential Textures and Love Story 1
to create some patterns flowing out from under the Snowflake Frame (a must have 
for your Winter chipboard stash) and the flower clusters.


I first treated the chipboard with white gesso and then added some embossing powder
opting for Pearl for the snowflakes and Fern for the title.  I then dabbed on
some white acrylic paint and added a little shimmery gloss.


This picture is very special as it depicts my maternal grand parents' house,
a home that holds so many awesome childhood memories.


Blue Fern Studios products used:

paper: Montage (Fairyland), Paisley & Vine (Splendor, Playing Cards)
chipboard: Shabby Flakes, Snowflake Frame, Dream word
embossing powder: Pearl, Fern
stamps: Essential Textures, Love Story 1

I really hope that I have inspired you to take out your Blue Fern Studios products and create today!



6 comments:

  1. These are enchanting, Nicole! So glad to have you on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful projects and I love seeing your chippy details! The last layout is my FAV and is really gorgeous!! Perfect job on your 1st post~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Nicole, three beautiful pages and designs. Such lovely papers, chippies, colors and flowers and your nieces are adorable and your Mom is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Beautiful and romantic pages Nicole! The last one is stunning!! So glad to be back in a team with you!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These layouts are scrumptious and creative! Makes me want to go shopping 😀

    ReplyDelete