Tuesday, January 19, 2016

My first projects for Blue Fern Studios - Karolina Czajkowska

Hi everyone! I am so excited to be here today with my first projects for Blue Fern Studios. 
Such an honor and a pleasure to be able to be a part of this fantastic team!


First, let me introduce myself. It's the most difficult moment, because I'm not really good in talking about myself. My name is Karolina Czajkowska and I live in Poland in one of the biggest city Łódź. I'm 26 and I'm an architect. I finished my study 1,5 year ago. 

I started my scrapbooking adventure 4 years ago and definitely it was a love at the first sight ;)
Scrapbooking is a huge part of my life, and it is more than a hobby by now. I can't imagine my day without scrapping and I am very sad when life and obligations do not allow me to go to my crafty space. One year ago I started to lead classes in Poland and abroad and I do love it! I think I'm mixed media girl. I'm pretty sure that this is the best way for me to find myself and my own style. And what my style is?
I still don't know, but defenitely it's not a clean&simple style ;)

You can find me on:

I created 2 layouts and a winter canvas to share with you today:


Layout "Delightful love"

My first layout is very soft and girly, I think. In the picture you can see two little ladies - my goddaugters. They are so cute, aren't they?


This page based on paper from the Love Story collection. I started my work of covering the entire background under my composition with using clear gesso. Then I made a composition using papers from Déjà Vu collection and of course I added some chipboard pieces.


I chose three chipboards - this one which you can see in the background its's a smaller piece of the Quatrefoil panel. First I used it like a stencil and then I covered it using mists and water paints in pink, lavender and warm beige colors.





I covered two smaller chipboards, a frame with "Love" inscription and "Delightful", using two embossing powders - very soft Cotton Candy and more contrasty Mystic Plum.



In the next step I added some flowers and embellishments of course, to make my projects and a composition richer. Then I added some color mists with paintbrush around my composition. Finally I decided to stamp a background a little bit.

Blue Fern Studios Products Used:

Papers: Love Story collection - The Grand Ball, Déjà Vu collection - Petites Cartes and La Plume

Chipboard: Quatrefoil Panel, The optimist word set, Memory frames

Embossing Powders: Cotton Candy, Mystic Plum

Stamps: Essential Texture 


Layout "Happy Way"

My second layout is defenitely more colorful with a lot of my favourite turquoise. I like to treat layouts a little bit like art journal pages - I mean: telling some story, capturing thoughts and feelings, not only pictures and memories.



I really like to create layouts on the dark background - this makes the colors "explode". This time I chose a beautiful paper in the deep navy blue color from the Sanctuary collection. I love a pattern of this paper. I prepared a photo and then I knew which colors I had to use. I have combined papers from two different collections - Ombre Dreams and Frolic and when I decided where my composition will be, I covered this area with gesso. I also used a modeling paste and stencils. In the next step I reached for a stamp with text and a pearl embossing powder. I wanted to connect it to the pattern from a basic paper.


On my layout you can find two chipboard pieces - the smallest circle from Beaded Strings set and beautiful Ironworks medley. Both of them I covered with a lot of different embossing powders to make a colorful embellishments, matching to my vision of this project. Then I added some light turquoise paint on all gaps.







After adding flowers and color mists around my composition, I stamped again using two stamps sets - this time with a black ink.


Blue Fern Studios Products Used:

Papers: Sanctuary collection: Bountiful, Frolic collection - Petits Moments and Friendship, Ombre Dreams collection - Dream Cards
Chipboard: Beaded strings, Ironworks medley
Embossing Powders: Garnet, Heavenly, Fern, Azure, Mystic Plum, Iris, Honey,
Glitter: Caribbean
Stamps: Essential Texture, Halftone

"Winter time"

My third project, which I would like to share with you today is a winter canvas. I know that Christmas time is gone, but we still have winter and maybe it's not my favourite season, but I really like winter projects!


In the background you can see old book pages. I really like this vintage effect. The next layer is a little piece from the Mini rings panel. I sprayed it with a dark brown mist and arranged it in such a way as to stick out from both sides of my composition. Next I built a very dimensional composition with papers from three different collections Déjà Vu, Autumn Anthology, Paisley & Vine and chipboard frame.


On the close-ups you can see all shades of my frame. First I covered frame with gesso and next I mixed gesso with a blue pigment and with using sponge I started to dabbed on blue accents.
I also added some stamps.


Smaller flakes I covered with white acrylic ink to make a very shiny surface. Then I added some translucent glitter. As a result, my project is more sparkling.


In the background you can also find some stamps and little black dots.


And finally a deer - this handsome gentelman would be a main point of my canvas. First I treated a chipboard with white gesso and then I distressed the edges.

Blue Fern Studios Products Used:

Papers: Déjà Vu collection - La Plume, Autumn Anthology collection - Mercantile, Paisley & Vine collection - Vineland
Chipboard: Winter Deer, Snowflake frame, Shabby flakes, Mini rings panel
Stamps: Essential Texture


I hope I have inspired you today. See you next time :)

Hugs,
Karolina

4 comments: