Saturday, January 23, 2016

January inspiration by Pascale B.

Hello Sweeties,

Today I'm up on Blue Fern Studios blog for the first time. I have to say that I'm really honored to be part of this amazing Design Team.


For those who don't know me, I'm Pascale B. a working mom of 2 young adults. I live in the Loire Valley (France) well known for its beautiful castles and wines. I love to travel in and out my country and as I take a lot of photos during my trips, you will discover some of my finds in my projects as well as some of my ancestors... I mostly create layouts, but not only...

You can find my work on my personnal blog Scrap Made in Touraine,
some tutorials on Youtube,
and follow me on Facebook

------------------------------------

For the first project I choose a photo taken during a walk in the "Fairytales Gardens" of the Castle du Rivau (Léméré, France). It's a sculpture from Bassorade: " The Running Forest ".


I choose to made a really simple layout : some random stamping with the Brocade texture stamp, a touch of color for the background and some embossed chipboards. I used the Lucky powder on the small flourishes and the Ebony on the Dot Grid panel.


... some flowers colored with Twinkling H2Os and Primary Element.


And to finish I sprinkled Carrabean Glitter and Glass Glitter.


Blue Fern Studios products used:

Vintage Christmas: NoelFrolic: FriendshipPaisley & Vine: Bohemian Dot Grid Panel Mini Flourishes
Vintage Christmas
Noel
Frolic
Friendship
Paisley and Vine
Bohemian
Chipboard
Dot Grid Panel
Chipboard
Mini Flourishes
Stamp - Brocade Texture Imagine Ink - Embossing Powder - Ebony Imagine Ink - Embossing Powder - Lucky Imagine Ink - Glitter - Caribbean
Stamp
Brocade Texture
Embossing Powder
Ebony
Embossing Powder
Lucky
Glitter
Caribbean

-----------------------------------

For this second page I chose a photo I took in September of the Castle of Villandry (Villandry, France), well-known for its beautiful "Jardins à la Française" (formal garden). The new Timeless collection is just perfect for this kind of photo.


I started to protect the paper (Timeless - Artistique) with a layer of clear gesso. When dry, I added some colors coordinated to the photo. I also added a design to the background with the Brocade Texture stamp that I heat embossed with the 14 Karat powder.


I covered the chipboards with clear gesso before coloring them with some Twinkling H2Os. When dry, I used the Brocade Texture stamp to add some texture to the chipboards and I embossed them with the 14 Karat powder too.


I added some texture to the grape vines too: I sprinkled some Sage embossing powder when the paint was still wet and I love the result!


I die cut the the title in a cardstock and embossed it first the 14 Karat powder. I embossed a second time with the Ebony powder but I didn't cover it properly so the gold is still visible.


Blue Fern Products used:

Timeless - Artistique Love Story: The Grand Ball Love Story: True Harmony Quatrefoil Panel Moldings
Timeless
Artistique
Love Story
The Grand Ball
Love Story
True Harmony
Chipboard
Quatrefoil Panel
Chipboard
Moldings
Imagine Ink - Embossing Powder - 14 Karat Imagine Ink - Embossing Powder - Sage Imagine Ink - Embossing Powder - Ebony Stamp - Brocade Texture
Embossing Powder
14 Karat
Embossing Powder
Sage
Embossing Powder
Ebony
Stamp
Brocade Texture

-----------------------------------


And for the last layout I choose a photo of my great-grandparents's wedding in 1901.


I covered the background (Timeless - Couture) with clear gesso to protect it. When dry, I stamped randomly the background with a background stamp (Postal Texture) and an archival ink. I used a second stamp (Halftone) to add more texture and embossed the print with the pearl embossing powder. Then I added some colors to the background.


First I covered the chipboards (Framington Medley and  Marrakesh Panel) with clear gesso too, and added a thick layer of clear crackle paste. I let dry naturally. Then I colored them with different mica powders and fixed them.


I colored the flower and the leaves and I embossed the last ones with the sage embossing powder to add some texture.


I cut different papers (Autumn Anthology - Cottage and  Sanctuary - Calling Cards) and distressed them before adding them under the photo.


To finish the layout I added some mica flakes and I splattered black gesso mixed with gold mica powder.

Blue Fern products used:

Timeless - CoutureAutumn Anthology: CottageSanctuary: Calling CardsMarrakesh PanelFramington Medley
Timeless
Couture
Autumn Anthology
Cottage
Sanctuary
Calling Cards
Chipboard
Marrakesh Panel
Chipboard
Framington Medley
Stamp: Postal TexturesStamp: HalftoneImagine Ink - Embossing Powder - Pearl Imagine Ink - Embossing Powder - Sage
Stamp
Postal Texture
Stamp
Haftone
Emboosing Powder
Pearl
Embossing Powder
Sage

2 comments:

  1. Each layout is uniquely beautiful, and your chippie techniques are so very YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete