Sunday, June 12, 2016

Sandi's June Inspiration and Process Video

Hello, Blue Fern Studios fans! 
Sandi here with you today sharing my June creations which feature the new Attic Charm collection as well as lots of other great Blue Fern Studios products! 


I am totally in love with the entire Attic Charm collection! There are so many ways that it can be utilized but I went soft and demure on both my projects. 

First up is this sweet layout with a photo of my niece and grandniece. Of course, little Lexi is one of our newest family "princesses," so the chipboard title seemed perfect. 

I did a little background work with super heavy gesso and a stencil and then pulled out my Imagine Ink Leaf mist to add some depth. I've also used the BFS Wallflower stamp for dimension. 


My photo was framed with the Rose Shield chipboard which was gessoed and then embossed with Snow Embossing Powder. I did some random embossing with Lilac, Lime and Icicle Embossing Powder. For glimmer, I added some Peridot Glitter. To the left are some of our new Attic Charm Daisies. 


Under and beneath my photo layers I've included the Collage Border which was treated similarly to the Rose Shield for a cohesive look. Just a bit more subdued. I love that this shot includes a close-up of our new Attic Charm Glitter Roses as well as the Daises. Seriously in love with these flowers! 


My title was heat embossed with Snow Embossing Powder and then inked a bit to help make it pop off the page. The Icicle Embossing Powder was added to the crown for a little more sparkle . I balanced it with a few of our new flowers and layered it with a Calling Card. 


Blue Fern Studios Products used:
Paper: Attic Charm Attic Key, Spring Posy and Calling Cards
Chipboard: Little Princess, Rose Shield, Collage Border
Embossing Powder: Snow, Lilac, Lime, Icicle
Glitter: Peridot
Mist: Leaf
Stamps: Wallflower
Flowers: Attic Charm Glitter Roses, Daisies

***


My second project is called Life is Full of Surprises .. in this case twins. I've done a video tutorial for you this month and the link is near the end of my post. These are my adorable grandsons. 


Some of our gorgeous new Attic Charm Glitter Roses and Daisies. 


The "Working Part" chipboard which was so fun to alter! 


Love how the title chipboard turned out! 


I'm obsessed with all of our new flowers including the Tranquility Blooms I've tucked in. 


Just  a little dimensional shot for you! 

Now on to the process video:



Blue Fern Studios Products used:
Paper: Attic Charm Curio, Mercantile, Attic Key, Calling Cards
Chipboard: Working Parts, Life is Full of Surprises
Embossing Powder: Seven Seas, Peacock, Auburn, Ginger, Ruby
Mist: Winter Fern
Stamps: Halftone, Forver
Flowers: Attic Charm Glitter Roses, Daisies, Tranquility Blooms

That's it for this time!
Can't wait to see what YOU are creating!

4 comments: