Thursday, June 16, 2016

A Mini Album And A Layout by Maja

Hello everyone, welcome to the Blue Fern Studios blog!

Today I'd like to share some projects I made using our two latest collections, Tranquility and Attic Charm. I warn you, it's a lengthy post, so grab your favourite beverage and sit comfortably :-)
Let's begin with a mini album I made. It's been based upon the Tranquility collection, though has little to do with tranquility as such ;-) The very title says it all:



All the pages are made the same way: half of a sheet folded in two for greater sturdiness. For the pages I used the Serenity and Stillness sheets. The covers (made from the Blissful paper) are further strengthened with pieces of the Calm paper machine-sewed around.
I made the title of the mini by combining the Shooting Stars piece with the Crazy Cousins piece. I embossed the former with Icicle, Breeze, Cerulean and Azure eps (I removed two stars and left the three to symbolise the three boys :) ), and the latter with Ginger and Copper eps. I added the stamped word "Photos" and the definition of serendipity from the Serendipity Calling Cards sheet:



Each page features a photo/photos, some stamps and chipboard pieces.
The inner cover is decorated with one of the Captured Words embossed with Oatmeal (as are the bricks), a stamped vintage camera and a Serendipity Calling Cards tag for some jounraling. The first page is stamped with a Forever chain motif and decorated with the word Fun: I embossed the outline with Ebony ep and the inside letters with Breeze first, then re-heated it a little for the powder to become sticky again and sprinkled some Azure glittery bits. That resulted in a nice vintage look:



I stamped the next page with the banner motif from teh Flight & Flair stamp set and added the Arrow Word Friends embossed with Breeze and Mushroom eps and a Cogs&Gears piece embossed with Copper ep - love that glittery shine :-) Then I added an extra page with an Attic Charm tag and a metal key charm:


The other side of the extra page is for journaling: I stamped its edge with a partially inked Making Plans stamp and added an Arrow Word embossed with 14 Karat ep (did I mention I love that glittery shine? ;-)) The next page refers to the quotation from the front side of the extra page - I added the Laugh Loud piece. I embossed the "Laugh" with 14 Karat ep and the "loud" with Oatmeal. The stamps in the background come from the Essential Textures and Photography sets.


The next two pages include stamps from Halftone and Postal Textures sets. On the left page I used the Heads Up! piece from the Optimist Word Set and embossed it with In The Navy, Ginger and Celestial eps for a varied look. I also added a Directions arrow embossed with 14 Karat. The Grunge Word on the next page is embossed with Mushroom ep. If you heat it a little more after it melts, the light particles come up and you get a really nice weathered look.



As the album is small, it needs some space for the journaling. These two pages are also pockets that contain tags I cut out from the Contentment sheet and decorated with quotations from the Serendipity Calling Cards paper:



Now the mini's getting really crazy ;-) I stamped the bacgrounds with Journey and Postal Textures stamps and added some chippies. I embossed the Crazy word with Ebony and then sprinkled it with 14 Karat, and the arrow above it - just the opposite :-) The Silly word and Crazy Story from Grunge Talk are embossed to get an ombre effect - that quite easy, I just covered parts of the pieces with washi tape, ink with an embossing ink, embossed with powder and then repeated with darker shades. I used Breeze, Cerulean and In The Navy for Silly and Oatmeal, 14 Karat, Mushroom and Ebony for the circle. I also added the Happy word embossed with Cerulean and 14 Karat:




The last pages feature the Deja Vu, widgets and Journey stamps, Chunky Words embossed with ginger ep and another Grungy Talk piece covered with Copper ep. The tag for journaling is decorated with an Attic Charm Calling Cards quotation.



Crazy Cousins:
Papers: Tranquility: Peaceful, Blissful, Contentment, Stillness, Calm, Patience, Serenity; Serendipity: Calling Cards; Attic Charm: Calling Cards
Chipboard: Grunge Shooting Stars, Grunge Talk, Crazy Cousins, Crazy, Silly, Fun!, Blue Fern Bits/Shabby Brick Panel, Arrow Words, Laugh Loud, Captured Words, Chunky Words, Cogs&Gears, The Optimist Word Set, Directions
EP: Mushroom, In The Navy, Cerulean, Azure, Bonny Blue, 14 Karat, Ebony, Oatmeal, Ginger, Breeze, Copper, Icicle, Celestial
Stamps: Halftone, Journey, Making Plans, Deja Vu, Flight & Flair, Forever, Photography, Postal Textures, Widgets, Essential Textures


Are you still here? :-) Then take a look at the layout you might have seen already if you visited our challenge post! As usually, I followed the June sketch quite faithfully and created this light, cheerful page using the latest Attic Charm collection:


I first stamped a border around the page using Halftone stamps and added a small Dreamy stamp too:


I included the same quotation tag as represented in the sketch and added some glittery roses and daisies from the collection flower sets.



The photo is mounted on a small Splattered Circles frame that I embossed with three eps. I also added some more flowers:



I coloured the Crackle Bits piece with a light teal mist that coordinates with the pastel colours of the papers:


 I hope you join in the fun! :-)

Care:
Papers: Attic Charm: Curio, Calling Cards, Generation
Chipboard: Crackle Bits, Splattered Circles
Stamps: Dreamy, Halftone,
Flowers: Attic Charm Glitter Roses, Attic Charm Daisies
EP: Breeze, 14 Karat, Cerulean

That's all from me for June, thank you for visiting and keep dropping by for some more inspiration from my talented DT friends!

see you, 
Maja

3 comments: