Thursday, June 23, 2016

Attic Charm inspiration by Pascale

Hello Sweeties,

Today I'm up on Blue Fern Studios blog with 3 new projects featuring the new paper collection: Attic Charm. The first project  is a canvas I made for a friend whose son get married last month.



I started to glued a tissue paper to the canvas and covered it with a thin layer of gesso. Then I layered together some paper strips (Haberdashery, Sachet, Generation), lace, drywall tape, ...  and covered them with a thin layer of gesso too. 


I added a design with the Serendipity Medley stamp that I embossed with Honey Imagine Ink. I colored the background with different colors of watercolor, Bister and Primary Element. 


I primed the chipboard with white gesso. I colored the French Word "Bonheur" with a Primary Element. as well as the Jeweled Frame


I stamped and embossed also the "Jeweled Frame" with the Serendity Medley stamp and the Honey embossing powder.


I die-cut some leaves in the Generation paper. I sprinkled them lightly with the Verdant embossing powder that I heat set.


Blue Fern Studios products:

Attic Charm papers - Haberdashery, Sachet, Generation
Flowers  - Attic Charm Daisies
Chipboards  - French Words, Jeweled Frame
Stamp - Serendipity Medley
Imagine Ink - Embossing Powder - Verdant, Honey

-----------------------------------------------

My second project showcase a photo of the Castle of Brézé (Brézé, Loire Valley, France). You can't see it on the photo, but there is an underground castle under this one that is quite impressive. 


I cut the Sachet paper in the middle and glued the edges together so they were in the middle. Then I added a layer of clear gesso. When dry, I added a design with a stencil and a white crackle paste.


I primed the French Ironwork with white gesso and the Spring Branch with a clear gesso. 


Then I colored the chipboards with some Twinkling H2O. While the watercolor were still wet, I sprinkled the Spring Branch with Sage, Lime and Nutmeg embossing powders. I added also some Icicle emboosing powder to the French Ironwork.


When the crackle paste was dry, I colored the backgroung, before gluing all the embellishments.


Blue Fern Studios products:

Attic Charm collection: Sachet, Haberdashery
Flowers - Attic Charm Glitter Roses
Chipboards - French Ironwork, Spring Branch
Imagine Ink - Embossing Powders - Sage, Lime, Nutmeg, Icicle

----------------------------------

The third project showcase a photo that was also taken at the Castle of Brézé. I was trying to find the right angle to take my photo, when I was startled by these bee: I haven't notice that she was in the flower, but I was lucky enough to have time to take these photo; it was only when I print the photo that I discover there was more than one inhabitant in this rose...


As usual I started to primed the background (Generation) with a clear gesso. While it was drying, I mixed some Mica Powder with a soft gel and texture powder: I used this paste to add a design with a stencil.  


When dry, I added some white crackle paste. I let dry again before adding some color. 


I stamped randomly the background with one of the Circle Textures stamp (music notes) and a metallic paint.


I colored the Floral Lattice Bits and the Tranquil Foliage with a metallic paint and a pink watercolor to the latter. Then I dried brush the flowers with a white gesso to add some light.



Blue Fern Studios products:

Attic Charm collection - Generation, Mercantile, Calling Cards
Chipboards - Tranquil Foliage, Floral Lattice Bits
Stamp - Texture Circles

No comments:

Post a Comment