Monday, December 22, 2014

'Mommy's Boy' by Lisa Griffith

Hello Blue Fern Studio friends....

I hope everyone is having fun getting ready for the holidays! 
This will be my last blog post for Blue Fern Studios...I was so pleased to work with 
so many beautiful products alongside a super talented group of ladies! 
Thank you so very much for the amazing opportunity of being on this team, 
I have enjoyed it so much.

'Mommy's Boy'


Here I started with the paper 'Bountiful' and did a lot of masking with gesso and then layered on washi tape, paints, gems, silver micro beads, flowers and stamping.


My son and I get our portrait taken together every Christmas, it's our tradition since he was a baby,
and I love to see how much he changes year to year. This title chipboard piece
'Mommy's Boy' was so perfect for this photo! I painted it white and then 
embossed it lightly with silver embossing powder.


I also used a piece called 'Circle Flourish' and few 'Shabby Flakes' 
which I treated the same way as the title piece.


My second project is a tag I created with a winter theme.


Here I have used 'Meadows of Time' as my base, and layered on some lace,
flowers and silver glass glitter.


I really love the 'Shabby Flakes' chipboards, they have made it on to almost every winter project
 I've done lately :) Here I tucked a few into my flower cluster. I painted white and then added white glitter to a piece of the 'Let it Snow' set.


My last project is a layout I created using the beautiful sketch for December.


I loved the vertical lines in the sketch. You still have time to enter the challenge this month....




I used the paper 'Birdsong Melody' as my base and then added paints, flowers, 
silver and black trims and pieces of the 'Shabby Flakes' and 'Holiday Vine'.

I hope I have inspired you a little today..

Take care,
 Lisa Griffith











2 comments:

  1. Goodness, Lisa, I am sure going to miss your work with BFS...I will follow you wherever you go! I adore your style. These projects are absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete