Tuesday, December 9, 2014

2 layouts and a Card by Lisa Gregory

 Welcome To December. I leave you with the last of my Blue Fern Studios projects for the year. That doesn't mean I will stop using the gorgeous chipboard and papers though!!This has been an incredible year for me designing for Blue Fern Studios. I want to take the time to thank Leslie, Patter, Valerie and my teamies!!! You have all been so wonderful to work with. I have really enjoyed my time with Blue Fern Studios and feel very fortunate to have been with the company since its inception.

The new collection Sanctuary is simply divine. Each one of my projects today  have been created with the new collection.

For this first layout I used Botanical Garden from the Sanctuary collection.I mounted the paper on corrugated cardboard using Mod Podge, then edge distressed it to revel the cardboard. I used mist to add the blue to the background. I used Gold on the edges.


 I used the Grunge Frames chipboard, misted it with water and when it was soaked I peeled some of the layers on the chipboard, crunched it  bit (very carefully) and dried it with my heat gun. I primed it with gesso, and colored it with more mist.


For my next Layout, I used  Garden Plaza for my base paper. I used mist to further enhance the pinks in the paper and did some stamping.


I cut the Roman Clock Set Small in 2 pieces and used it on opposite ends of the layout. I inked it in black. The leaves were die cut and colored.


I used peices of the Checker Bits, and the title is from the arrow Words set which I inked black and added some mist to match the pinks in the layout. The frames were die-cut from Bird Song Melody in the Sanctuary Collection. I also cut the frame from corrugated cardboard and adhered the die cut to for added depth.


For my next project, I used the December sketch for the design.


The card is a small space, but the sketch is so versatile.The chipboard pieces I used are Jasmine Collage and   arrow Words. I split the Jasmine Collage in have diagonally to  spread it out a bit.


I misted the flowers to add some color. and  primed the Smile arrow word then sprayed it with the same color  as well.


 This is the bottom half of the Jasmine Collage chipboard.


Don't forget to join the December Sketch Challenge.
Thank You for joining me today far my reveal. Thank you for all of the support and love you have given me throughout the last couple of years.
I hope your Holidy's are Merry and Bright!!
 xoxo
Lisa





2 comments: