Friday, October 2, 2015

Frolic Fun with Jelissa

Hello friends!

How time flies and we're already in the month of October! Honestly I can't wait for the rest of the year to come by as I know the weather will be a lot cooler (and the northeast winds will be blowing the haze from Indonesia far, far away....)

I'm up today on the Blue Fern Studios blog with two creations for this month. Firstly is this layout of my second boy when he was still a little baby. When our little girl was born she looked exactly like her eldest brother. But as the days went by and I looked at her again, she resembles her second brother! It's amazing how babies change over time in character and appearance.

I'm using the oh-so-gorgeous Frolic collection designed by Michelle Singh. Just love the bright happy colors perfectfor a day out under the sun or just about any other memory that warms your heart. My background work is simple because there were just so much detail in the papers that I wanted to show off.

Some close-ups:


The Deja Vu Atelier chippie which I have covered with a few different mediums. What you see here is crackle paint in pewter (for some reason my cracks are not showing up nicely all over), Perfect Pearls and Sticklers.


For this part of the same chippie, I've painted the flowers with matt paints and leaves with Twinkling H2Os.


Some more detailing here with plastic fillers on one of the chipboard flowers and silver microspheres dotting the leaves. I've layered my photos with pieces from "Calling Cards" from the collection.


My title piece double heat-embossed and sprinkled with distress glitter.

And my balancing cluster with simple fussy cut designs.

Blue Fern Studios products used:

Paper: Frolic - Calling Cards, Friendship, Petite Moments, Veranda, Secretary
Chipboard: Deja Vu Atelier chippie, Mommy's Boy


 My second creation is a layout with a video tutorial. This one is of one of my cats who passed on some years back at the age of 13. Grumpy one she was, but always so elegant and graceful (until the day she tried to sneak up on a grasshopper and it backfired spectacularly).



I used lots of pinks from the Frolic collection because she was such a lady.

Some close-ups:


The Framington Medley chipboard layered on top of fussy-cut frames.


Chained Bits chipboard which I snipped and tucked all over.


My title piece from the Love Story collection. It was sitting in a box full of these cut outs and looked perfect for this layout.


My floral cluster.

And here is the video of how I put everything together. Sit back and enjoy the process!


Blue Fern Studios products used:

Paper: Frolic - Secretary, Amoroso, Allegro
Chipboard: Chained Bits, Framington Medley



And that's all I have for today. Thanks for dropping by!

love,


No comments:

Post a Comment