Friday, October 23, 2015

Autumn Anthology with Sandi Clarkson

Hello, everyone! 

I'm here today to share my October Blue Fern Studios projects using the Autumn Anthology collection. Fall colors are a fave of mine, so this was just plain FUN!

 "Memories"

Starting with a vintage photo of my mom, I've used the Le Ballon and Mercantile paper as my base and focused on a few fave pieces of chipboard, the Oval Daisy Frame and the new French Ironworks .. so gorgeous! I painted them with some distress paint and then did some random embossing with a gold embossing powder. I was going for a very rusted look. I finished the pieces off with a dab of metallic patina. 

Of course, there is some mixed media in the background and use of the new Imagine Mist in Persimmon as well as the texture stamp. Persimmon is such a great color! I've fussy cut and layering in some pieces from the Calling Cards and some butterflies from Frolic Dans le Jardin. 

Close-ups:


Love to frame my photos with chipboard! 


This new French Ironwork is so intricate .. in love! 



I snipped it into two pieces and used some here. 



Blue Fern Products Used:
Paper:
Autumn Anthology Le Ballon
Autumn Anthology Mercantile
Autumn Anthology Calling Cards
Frolic Dans le Jardin

Chipboard:
French Ironwork
Oval Daisy Frame

Stamps:
Texture

Mist:
Imagine Ink, Persimmon

_____

"Love"

Next is just a very sweet romantic page of my daughter and her husband using the Gazebo paper. I've used lots of the new Imagine Ink mist in Leaf on my background to really give it some pop, then pulled the purple and gold flowers from the paper by adding similar 3 dimensional ones. I completed the background with Texture stamp. Behind the photo are Newsworthy and Calling Cards layered in. The little bird was fussy cut from the Newsworthy paper.

My Iron Signage, Ironwork Edges, Victorian Corner and Love from the Good Vibes set were all treated the same way. I first primed with gesso and then did a little experiment with some textured spray paint from the hardware store. Definitely something that needs to be done outside!! The smell is quite harsh but it gave the cupboard a fun look. After that dried completely, I misted all the pieces with some black mist.



The Doily Bunting (a fave) was left raw because it was a nice warm brown color and seemed to blend nicely as is with my photo. 


Love this new Iron Signage piece and can see myself using it a lot. 


I've been saving the Victorian Corner for just the right project and this was it.
 But now, it's on my re-order list!

Blue Fern Products Used:
Paper:
Autumn Anthology Gazebo
Autumn Anthology Newsworthy
Autumn Anthology Calling Cards

Chipboard:
Iron Signage
Ironwork Edges
Victorian Corner
Doily Bunting
Good Vibes

Stamps:
Texture

Imagine Ink Mist:
Leaf

____

"An Autumn Story" 

You've probably seen this one already because it was done using the October Sketch. The photo was of myself and one of my uncles taken many years ago at my Grandmother's farm. 



The title piece and Butterfly Friends were inked in brown, then some gold embossing was added to the butterflies for sparkle. 



Again, just some simple inking on the Seasonal Wildflowers and Berry Stems in green. Then I spritzed them with the new Leaf mist. Finally, I added a little glitter glue to the Wildflowers .. hardy ever use that stuff anymore! 

Blue Fern Products used:
Paper:
Autumn Anthology Balcony
Autumn Anthology Mercantile

Chipboard:
An Autumn Story
Butterfly Friends
Seasonal Wildflowers
Berry stems

Stamps:
Forever
Texture

Mist:
Imagine Ink, Leaf

That's it from me today.
Thanks for coming by the Blog today and supporting Blue Fern Studios!

2 comments:

  1. You know how to rock the chipboard Sandy!! Love these just gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi - your pages are so gorgeous - I love each one!!

    ReplyDelete