Tuesday, April 22, 2014

1960 by Lisa Griffith

Hello there! 
It's my turn to share my projects that I made this month. For both my layout and my card
I used the same techniques on my chipboard pieces , and I really love how they turned out.

The first project is a layout featuring a photograph of my Grandma....

'1960'


Here I have used a gorgeous Blue Fern Studios chipboard called 'Blooming Flourish.' I will try to show a close up below so you can see how a few simple techniques can alter your chipboard to make them look so beautiful. First I covered the chipboard with Viva Croco Crackling paint in white and set it with a heat gun to get an amazing weathered and cracked look. Then I covered the chipboard with a deep purple ink and let that dry. Last step is I applied embossing gel around the edges of the chipboard and then embossed them using silver embossing powder.  Really love the final result, it made the pieces look really aged and added so much character to my projects. 
I hope you'll try it!

Here are a few close ups...





I also made a card using an absolutely stunning Blue Fern Studios piece called 
'Damask Motif' that I treated the same way as I mentioned above, 
and really let this piece be the star. 


I started with the Blue Fern Studios paper called 'Parlour' as my base and then applied 
gesso, purple mist and some stamping underneath the altered chipboard.

Here is a close up..



I hope I have inspired you a little to alter your chipboard, 
and have fun playing with some textures! 

Until next time,
Lisa 







4 comments:

  1. These projects are gorgeous!
    I loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow the texture on your projects is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing layout and card my dear
    you rock!!!
    xx
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaw dropping gorgeous!!! I love, love the weathered chipboard technique, it's just perfect on these projects. The colors are so sultry and vintage good.

    ReplyDelete