Monday, April 21, 2014

Kelly's April Projects

Hello there, Blue Fern fans :)
Kelly here today. I have a long post...three layouts today, so I'll get right to it!!

"So Sweet"

For this one, I went back to one of my all time favorite pieces of BFS chipboard...the Floral Clock
I covered this piece with embossing ink, then sprinkled three different embossing enamels..gold, ivory, and copper for a variety of color and texture. For the clock center I added another clock embellishment and clock hands.


Tucked into the bottom of this cluster is another "older" favorite, the Ornate Medallions. This one was also given a coating of copper embossing enamel.



"Perfect Moment"

I chose to use the gorgeous Blue Fern Garden papers for this one, as the colors worked perfectly with my photos - I love when that happens!

I started with the "Boudoir" paper, and layered strips from other Garden papers.  Over the paper strips, I added  two of the Jeweled Page Dangles, which were embossed with a light pink embossing enamel. I also have used one of the Flourish Hearts, which I cut apart and tucked the heart half, and the flourish half on either side of my photos.



"I Love You So"

For this one, I fussy cut the beautiful rose and bird cage motifs from the Blue Fern Garden papers, and placed them strategically on my page.  Below I have used one of the Memory Frames, simply painted white.


I added one of the Grande Cages, which was first painted white, then given a brushing of chalk ink.


The small flower border piece below is the "cut out" from one of the Floral Hearts. Once again, I just painted it white to make it really stand out!


Blue Fern Products:
Floral Clock
Ornate Medallions
Blue Fern Garden: Boudoir
Blue Fern Garden: Calling Cards
Blue Fern Garden: Signature
Floral Hearts
Flourish Hearts
Grande Cages
Memory Frames
Jeweled Page Dangles.

I hope you've enjoyed my projects today :)
Have a wonderful week!
s
Kelly

4 comments: