Monday, May 23, 2016

Tranquility inspiration by Pascale

Hello Sweeties

Today, I'm up on Blue Fern Studios blog with some new inspiration. In this first layout, I worked with a photo taken during a recent trip in  Ireland of the Kilmore Abbey (co. Galway, Ireland). 


I started to apply a thin layer of clear gesso to protect the paper, then I added a design with a stencil and 3D Gloss Gel. When dry, I added some colors to the background.


While the background was drying, I covered the Quatrefoil Panel with clear crackle paste and put it aside to dry too. Later I painted it grey..


I painted the Serenity chipboard with two shades of blue Twinkling H2Os, then I covered it with white gesso and finally I embossed it with the Pearl Imagine Ink embossing powder. The blue color show through the white layers.


I painted the Seaweed chipboards in green and added different colors of Imagine Ink embossing powder to add some texture. 


After I've glued all the embellishments, I finished the layout with eggplant glitters.

Blue Fern Studios products:
Papers - Tranquility (Peaceful, Calling Cards)
Chipboards - Quatrefoil Panel, Seaweeds and  Serenity, Calm, Hush
Flowers - Tranquil Roses and Lilies
Imagine Ink - Embosssing Powders (Mushroom, Sage, Ginger, Pearl)
Imagine Ink - Glitter (Eggplant)

----------------------------------------

For this second layout I chose another photo taken in Ireland of a lonely tree.



I'm sure that you certainly noticed that all the Blue Fern STudios's papers have an nice strip at the bottom of each page as can be seen below. Well, I kept all these small strips and I used them to create a texture base. 


I glued all the paper strips soft matte gel and covered them with a thin layer of black gesso. When dry, I splattered some white gesso that I've watered down.


While the background was drying, I covered the Mesh Bits with the Rust Paste.


I colored the leaves with a green Twinkling H2O and added randomly some Chili Powder and Verdant embossing powders. 


I covered the Blooming Flourishes and the title with white crackle paste and let dry naturally. Then I colored them with a Primary Element and amber Izink.


I added more splatter to the background with the Rust Paste and glue all the emellishments.

Blue Fern Studios products:

Papers : Tranquility (Serenity, Calling Cards)
Chipbords (Mesh Bits, Blooming Flourish and Serenity, Calm, Hushed)
Flowers (Tranquil Blooms)
Imagine Ink - Embossing Powders (Chili Powder, Verdant)
----------------------------------------

This third layout is based on May sketch. I took these photo of the town's belfry during a short visit of Avignon (France).


I started to stamp the background with the postmark collage of the "Journey" set, then I covered the paper with a thin layer of clear gesso.


When the background was drying, I die-cut some branches in a kraft paper that I stamped with the writing circle of the "Textures circles" set and embossed with the Ginger powder.


I colored the die-cut leaves and the "Seaweed" chipboard with green Distress inks and I embossed with several colors (Sage, Verdant, Nutmag and Muschroom).


I primed the "Swan Gate" with clear gesso before covering it with a clear crackle paste. When dry I painted it with a gray Primary Element.


When all the embellishments were in place, I added some colors with differents colors of Twinkling H2O. To finish, I added a design with the "Making Plans" stamp that embossed with the "Mushroom" powder.


Blue Fern Studios products:

Papers - Tranquility (Stillness), Serendipity (Calling Cards), Love Story (The Grand Ball)
Chipboards - Seaweeds, Swan Gate
Flowers - Courtship Blooms
Stamps - Textures Circles, Journay, Making Plan
Imagine Ink - Embossing Powders (Ginger, Nutmeg, Verdant, Sage, Mushroom).


4 comments:

  1. Completely amazing, all of them!! I love how you managed to match the backgrounds with the photos and the work with the chip-boards and other elements is outstanding, stunning work!, Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the layouts are gorgeous and elegant. The photos are always amazing as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have the best pictures Pascale and you have a way with chipboard that I can only envy! Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete