Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Do It Your Way With Blue Fern Studios

Hello dear friends!
Svetlana is here today to share with you this month's portion of Blue Fern Studios goodness from me.
I think you already got an idea that BFS chipboard can be used in any type of projects created in any style you want it to be. Here is just another couple of examples of it.
My first project is a bright and colorful layout. I was inspired by the "adorable" sentiment from Good Vibes pack.
To me "adorable" most of the time has something to do with a baby.
After deciding on this sentiment for the title of my project I pulled out this adorable photo of my then very small baby-boy and the creative process began! :-)


I roughly applied red acrylic pain with a dabber to Country Picket Fence chipboard. 
I left some areas raw to give it more authentic county feel. 
Once the paint was dry I stamped with wood grain stamp all over the fence.


I also used acrylic craft paint to cover the title piece. First I applied the white paint with a dabber.
Once dry I added blue paint over it leaving some areas white.


Blue Fern Studios chipboard used for this project:

Country Picket Fence

Country Picket Fence

Good Vibes

Good Vibes

My next project is a romantic mixed media canvas.
I used a lot of layers of different mediums to create the background and to decorate mt chipboard.


I already used some parts from this Blooming Foliage piece for my another project and I still had a pretty big piece left so I used it here. 
To decorate it I applied a few layers of different mediums. 
I began with some gesso. I covered my chipboard very roughly leaving some areas raw. 
Then a dabbed it with bright green acrylic paint. 
Again it was done a a rough way to leave some areas uncovered. 
I followed with blue liquid pearls. I would squeeze a little at some spots and rub it with my fingers. 
Liquid pearls are great for adding some color and shimmer as well. 
A few drops of pick liquid pearls here and there finished my chipboard piece off pretty well.


The Sweetheart Dressform was first covered with gesso. 
I really like the idea of letting some raw chipboard picking through all the paint.
Once it was dry I stamped all over with some pretty script stamp. 
I followed with a little bit of distress inks here and there and a little rub of blue liquid pearls.
I finished it off with a layer of transparent crackle paint. 


Blue Fern Studios chipboard used for this project:

Sweetheart Dressform


Blooming Foliage


Thank you for letting me share it with you!
I hope you enjoyed my projects and found it inspirational.
Keep on visiting our blog for more great ideas on how you can use Blue Fern Studios chipboard in your projects.
Don't forget to join our May sketch challenge.
Have a fantastic day, everyone! 


4 comments:

  1. Потрясающие работы! Сохранила себе во вдохновлялках :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tut tut! what an adorable bubba he was! Love the crispness and modern feel to your first page, so happy and fresh! Totally cool canvas, such fab artyness! love the diversity of how you dressed the chippies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, no matter what style you deliver :) Gorgeous work on that beautiful dress form!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much, ladies, for all your love!

    ReplyDelete