Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Video Tutorial with Adrienne Ford



Hello There! My Name is Adrienne Ford and I am thrilled to join the Blue Fern Studios Video Education Team and the Blue Fern Family! I love working with chipboard and finding new and exciting ways to alter it. I cannot wait to share my ideas with you. But before I do that, let me tell you a little about myself.



A little bit about me; My scrapping/crafting journey began 4 years ago, by means of some stickers and a paper trimmer. If I could describe my work in one word it would be "refined." I LOVE attention to detail and treat my projects like a puzzle with lots complex and unique pieces. I love that I have found myself and my place in this industry and feel at home with Mixed Media and lots of yummy art mediums! 

Through lots of trial and error, I have come to find that I use my fingers more than a brush and I might do things that are a bit unconventional- things that would make Monet roll over in his grave. :) But even though there is paint splattered on the wall and some in even my hair, crafting has been one of the best things that has happened to me- I have had so much creative fun, and that's all that matters right?!

I have a wonderful husband and two young children, which you will get to know in the future. In my spare time I enjoy binge watching Netflix shows, relaxing, and of course creating! I also am on the Prima Marketing Design Team and am a Live with Prima Educator. 

 I hope that I can be an inspiration to you and take some of the guess work out of crafting, so that all you have to do is enjoy creating something beautiful!

You can check out my blog at
bry-and-i.blogspot.com

So, lets get right to it, shall we?! I have a video for you today sharing a couple of different chipboard pieces. When creating with chipboard, I always look at my pieces and see what might work well together. I have this photo of myself that I thought would work well with the BFS "Brown Eyed Girl" piece. I would incorporate the bubbles into the overall theme, by bringing focus to the eye and the bubbles by placing it directly over my eye in the photo. I adding a little bit of embellishing, and I decided to try something and created a headdress out of the chipboard and embellishments. 



And some close ups.....




Blue Fern Studio Products: 



648560 Ombre Dreams: Susan's Dream

Other:
Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink in Latte

Ready for the video on how I altered this yummy chipboard?!





Thanks for taking the time to stop in! 

Until Next Time,

Adrienne 

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking time for sharing this article, it was excellent and very informative. It's my first time that I visit here. I found a lot of informative stuff in your article. Keep it up. Thank you...
    Cccam Server

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous video Adrienne... loved it and seeing how you created that gorgeous layout. What did you use to colour the chippies... is it a re-inker? love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was fascinating to watch, Adrienne! Love the idea of the bubble wands. You are so creative and talented. Thanks for sharing your process!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val! Yes, it is Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Inks. But essentially I think they are called the reinkers as well? The one I used in particular is Latte. I will edit the blog to make note of that. :) Thanks Debbi T. I keep meaning to get my act together and find time to get down there and hang out with you again one of these days, so we can craft together! I have not forgotten. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Amazing video and page my dear
    I'm in love with it!
    tks
    xx
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was the best tutorial I've seen in months. Now I know what to do with my inks! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think Adirondack inks are reinkers...reinkers are ink for your stamp pads. I think.

    ReplyDelete