Monday, July 8, 2013

Cards with Yana Smakula

Hello everyone! My name is Yana Smakula and I'm beyond thrilled to be a part of Blue Fern Studios for the next few month. 
Let me briefly introduce myself. I’m 26 years old and I’m from Ukraine. I’ve been married for a little bit over a year now, no kids but we do have two black cats and we can’t live without them!
I love to travel across the world and meet new people, discover new cultures and just explore. So far together with my husband we’ve been to a few places in Europe, Africa, Asia and USA. Our next dream destination is Madagascar, I hear the nature there is simply breathtaking!
I enjoy scrapbooking and I mostly scrapbook about our travels. My other passion is cardmaking – I enjoy trying new products and techniques, experimenting and creating in different styles.

I have two cards to share, both completely different, one is a clean and simple, and the other – well, you tell me which style it fits best, lol!
Here’s the first card – Thinking of you.



For this card I used the following chipboard pieces from Blue Fern Studios. Butterflies were coloured with white Folk Art paint from Plaid and the flower was roughly covered with Distress paint from Ranger.
 Brigitte Butterfly Set

Gabrielle Butterfly Set

Garden Daisies

My next card – a classic Clean & Simple which I am so in love with lately. Its a card with hint of a vacation – endless ocean waters, loud seagulls and lots of blues and aquas. 


For this card I used cloud-shaped chipboard. I think its one of the first ones I laid my eyes on! I really like all the different shapes there are in the set.
I covered the clouds with embossing ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder, did that twice to completely cover the chipboard.
 Cloudy Skies
Thats all for today from me. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed!

7 comments:

  1. Both are beautiful cards! I love the colors on the first card and the pattern paper and butterflies are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops! I wasn't finished. :) I also loved the second card too. I have that same stamp with the seagulls and was just looking at it today and wondering how I would use it. So thanks for the idea. Love the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful!!! Even your clean and simple is fabulous!!! The stamping and inking is just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your video as well as both cards. Truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete