Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Blue Fern Studios Chip Board Ala Natural--

 Hi..Lisa here with your July 3rd Blue Fern Studios Reveal. I started thinking about all of the ways to alter your chip board. But when I pulled out my Kraft paper, I noticed it was the same color as my BFS chip board. So I decided to do a monochromatic type layout using Kraft paper and leaving the chip board as raw as possible. I really love the look.


I only used a small amount of ink to soften the hard edges of the chipboard and create some shading. I used Kraft paper to create the flowers to match the chip board.

 
I cut the Large Floral Wreath in half. Then I misted it heavily with a spray bottle and water. I was then able to very carefully, peel the top layer away from the wreath. The edges curled slightly while it air dried. After it dried, I inked the edges slightly with a darker brown color.


 I also just inked the title as well...


I inked the hearts with brown ink, then embossing ink, and  sprinkled  some brown distress embossing powder over the hearts and heat embossed them. When they were dry, I tied some jute around them.


Just another angle to the wreath cut out.



 Heart Set
 Large Floral Wreath
 This Is My Life
 Manor Hinges

I designed this card to give to my friend who is going on a hot air balloon ride for her birthday in September.I added the butterfly for added visual interest in the flight theme.


 Just a side angle to the card. I tied some twine around part of the card.


Keeping the style of the card simple, helped to bring out the balloon.


 I painted the balloon with blue acrylic paint and added the Stickles and some pearls to it.


 Grand Balloon

Thank you for joining me today and letting me share my creations with you. And dont forget to play along with our July Sketch Challenge. 

4 comments:

  1. What beautiful creations. LOVE the card for your friend. How perfect for her upcoming balloon ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous LO and card, Lisa! Love the natural chippies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page Lisa! just adore the neutral colour scheme, absolutely wonderful! and your card is just fab. Perfect for your friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete