Friday, July 13, 2018

Sharon's July Layouts!

Hi everyone!  It's hard to believe that it is July already!   We are in the middle of a heat wave here in Pennsylvania - we have a high heat/humidity advisory for the next few days, so it's a perfect time to stay indoors scrap! 

Today I am excited to share my July layouts with you . . .

Layout #1: One Cute Chick

I went straight to the beautiful "Tattered Walls" collection.  This time, I used "The Carolina Room" as the basis for my page.  I utilized both sides:
It's such gorgeous paper, I knew exactly which photos I wanted to use for my layout.  The sweet pictures of my daughter, Anne, were taken on Mother's Day, 2009.  Every time I look at her smile, my heart melts!

Back to scrapping . . . I really enjoyed using the "One Cute Chick" chipboard and embossed it with "Pixie Dust" embossing powder.  

It's a DREAM to work with!!!  I also used one of the birds from the "A Spring Day" collection and embossed it with the sparkly "Goldenrod" embossing powder!


Here are is a close up:

And a different view:


Blue Fern Product List:
Paper: Tattered Walls "The Carolina Room" (Both sides!)
Chipboard: A Spring Day, "One Cute Chick"
Embossing Powder: Pixie Dust, Goldenrod
Flowers: Garden Blooms, Moody Florals
Seedlings: Gold Nugget
Glitter: Solar Flare, Gilded Rose
Lace: Ivory Braided Trim, Lace 1, Lace 6, Lace 10
Ephemera: Tattered Walls


Layout #2: Blessed

I already had this photo of my daughters, Katie and Anne, in mind when I started making this page.  This picture was taken back in November of 2013 for our Christmas card.  Once again, I thought the "Tattered Walls" collection was perfect for y treasured picture! 

I used the flip side of "The Garage:"

Isn't it cool that all of these papers are named after a room?  I love that!

I also used "The Powder Room" to back my photo and to punch out my snowflakes:


I embossed the "Blessed" and "Christmas Tree" chipboard pieces with the amazing "Ivory" embossing powder.  I have to mention that I have never found better embossing powder than that made by Blue Fern Studios!  The Ivory EP is wonderful and no others match up to it!  And because it's a neutral, I use it all the time, and now I have to order more . . .

Here are some close ups of my layout:


I really had fun decorating my tree with pieces from Lace 9C!!!

Blue Fern Product List:
Paper: Tattered Walls "The Garage," "The Powder Room"
Chipboard: Christmas Tree, "Blessed"
Embossing Powder: Ivory
Flowers: Courtship Roses, Harvest Lilies, Late Winter Lilies
Seedlings: Twig
Glitter: Solar Flare
Lace: Lace 9C, Lace 10


Layout #3:  Love This Moment

I totally enjoyed making this last page using a photo of the group of children that were adopted with Anne when we got together at Pearl S Buck for an adoption picnic.  This "travel group" photo was taken in the summer of 2009!

I adore the Homespun collection and thought it was perfect for this photo.  
I used the flip side of "Hospitality:"

I altered these chipboard pieces:  

"Opulence:"

and "Love This Moment:"

This time I embossed both pieces with "Taupe" embossing powder, then to change things up a bit, I distressed each piece.  

Here are some close ups:


I also enjoyed embossed directly on my page using the "Christmas Collage" stamp set and "Pearl" embossing powder.

Here's a different view:

Blue Fern Product List:
Paper: Homespun "Hospitality
Chipboard: "Love This Moment," "Opulence"
Embossing Powder: Taupe, Pearl
Flowers: Homespun Blossoms, Fresh Florals
Seedlings: Wintergreen
Glitter: Army Dust
Stamp Set: Christmas Collage
Lace: Lace 3


I would like to take a moment to thank you so much for stopping by the Blue Fern Studios blog today.  I enjoyed making these pages using the BFS amazing products and especially loved sharing them with all of you!  Thank you!

I cannot wait to see you again next month!

Until then . . . Happy Scrapping

No comments:

Post a Comment