Monday, April 13, 2015

Three off-the-page projects by Marie-Josée

Hello all,

Today, I will show you three off-the-page projects created with the beautiful Blue Fern Studios products!

Pop-up box with the Sanctuary collection

This is supposed to be a card, but to me, it looks more like an off-the-page project, since there is no place to write text. However, it can make a great wedding or anniversary souvenir, combined with a card. Thus the "Your Hearts Together" sentiment on the front panel.

For those of you who are interested to know how to create this project, here's a great tutorial I found on YouTube.

I used various papers from the Sanctuary collection to create this card: Birdsong Melody, Meadows of Time and Garden Plaza.



I cut the birds and flowers out of two different papers: The brown birds were cut out of the Birdsong Melody paper, whereas the blue bird and the flowers were cut out of the Meadows of Time paper.

On the front panel, I used a piece of the Bowed Trinkets to frame my sentiment.

I used the Mini Flourishes on the back panel to add texture and interest behind the paper flowers.


I also cut two pieces of the Lattice Fence to use on the side of my pop-up box.


Here's another view of the whole card.


Canvas with the Montage collection

Here's a small canvas (6" x 8") that I created with the Montage collection.



First, I altered my canvas with gesso, various mists and stamps.

Then, I also altered the small Circle Flourish frame with gesso and mists. I also added pearls on the circles of the frame.

Then I cut a piece of the Calling Cards paper from the Montage collection to use as a background.


I also used one of the calling card in the center of my frame.


Wall decor with various Blue Fern Studios collection

To create this piece, I used paper scraps from various Blue Fern Studios collections: Ombre Dreams, Montage, Sanctuary, and Love Story.



First, I used foam dots to assemble all the pieces of paper, to give dimension to my project. Then, using my finger, I applied gesso to the edges of the papers. Then, I sprayed various colors on the whole project: brown, white, and black.

I used the Blooming Foliage chipboard, combined with flowers. I altered it with gesso and green mists.


Then, I used the Dream Big chipboard, which I altered with black gesso.







2 comments:

  1. All gorgeous projects, really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful creations. I xm very inspired by your talent. Thank you for sharing with us all.

    ReplyDelete