Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Tranquility Inspiration & More - by Nicole Doiron


You have seen lots of beautiful creations featuring Blue Fern Studios' latest collection Tranquility, and I am sure that you are in love with it!  I have to say that I absolutely adore all BFS collections, but this one is my new favorite!  It has everything to please my crafty heart from beautiful wood grain to soft earthy tones!!

Let's start my post today with more details on 2 layouts using Tranquility that you may have already seen on the blog, the first one being my take on the May sketch challenge



This is the gorgeous Blue Fern Studios sketch for May.


To coincide with the Tranquility collection, Blue Fern Studios has released a few sets of chipboard words that match the name of each paper in the collection.  I chose the word Jubilation for my layout in order to represent the blooming of nature that makes most everyone happy during this time of year... 
Springtime in the northern hemisphere!


I used a brand new Imagine Ink Embossing Powder color on my title and the Scalloped Border which is simply called Ruby, and I can tell that it will be used a lot on in future creating because the colour is so rich and beautiful!


On the Spring Trinkets, I used Tangerine.  And on my background, I embossed a stamp pattern using the Wallflower stamp and Chili Powder embossing powder.


As you may well know, Blue Fern Studios are making flowers now, and when I saw these orange pretties from the Tranquil Blooms set, I knew I had to use them right away.  They were the main inspiration,
along with the sketch, for my entire page.


Blue Fern Studios Supplies
Paper: Tranquility (Hushed, Peaceful, Serenity, Calling Cards)
Chipboard: Jubilation, Spring Trinkets, Scalloped Border
Flowers: Tranquil Blooms
Stamp: Wallflower
Imagine Ink Embossing Powders: Ruby, Tangerine, Chili Powder

  Next is this very serene layout created on some of that gorgeous woodgrain pattern I mentioned earlier.


The name of this collection is perfect... all papers give a soothing sense of calm...


And the title Serenity seemed to fit perfectly!  I embossed the bottom part of it first with Seamist, and then did the part with Snow, and I blended it together with a little pearly paint and some light touches of gold.


One of my favorite chipboard pieces is this delectable feather called La Plume.
I covered it with Snow embossing powder and dipped one side of it in metallic gold paint.


I absolutely adore this quote and found that it went perfectly with the my page.


Blue Fern Studios Supplies
Papers: Tranquility (Calm, Contentment)
Chipboard: Serenity, Checker Bits, La Plume
Stamp: Texture Set One
Flowers: Tranquility Blooms, Courtship Blooms
Imagine Ink Embossing Powder: Snow, Sea Mist, Mushroom

  And my last share for you today is this brand new layout created with older BFS papers, a combination of Sanctuary and Autumn Anthology collections as well as the pretty blue packaging cardstock 
that comes with all your Blue Fern Studios products.


Below you can see the Capture the Moment title covered with Breeze Imagine Ink embossing powder.  
I find it looks so nice against the rich burgundy background paper.


Another favorite chipboard piece of mine is this one called Deja Vu Atelier.  I love the combination of floral
and steampunk with fancy paneling.  I covered it with Garnet embossing powder.


On the upper right corner of my layout is a little cluster of embellishments,
including an Ironwork Accent and Leafy Page Accent.


You can see a glimpse here of my stamping work on the bottom layer of paper
using the Serendipity stamp and Blue Sky embossing powder.


I am so grateful to Blue Fern Studios for all these amazing products!

Blue Fern Studios Supplies:
Papers: Sanctuary (Botanical Garden, Calling Cards)
Autumn Anthology (Parfumerie)
Chipboard: DejaVu Atelier, Capture the Moment, Ironwork Accents, Leafy Page Accents
 Stamp: Serendipity Medley
Imagine Ink Embossing Powder: Garnet, Breeze, Blue Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment